Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: My visit to TwinsFest

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

My visit to TwinsFest

In case you don't click the blog section and are interested in a few words & pictures about my visit to TwinsFest this year, including some Sweet Music and On The Farm action:
    TwinsFest 2013 - Sunday Jan 27 - Blogs - Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 853 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    In case you don't click the blog section and are interested in a few words & pictures about my visit to TwinsFest this year, including some Sweet Music and On The Farm action:
    TwinsFest 2013 - Sunday Jan 27 - Blogs - Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
    Twins Fest attendance at 24000 this year, down from 30000 last year (-20%). Season ticket sales and single game sales down about 19%.

So is the back-to-back years of payroll cutting "good business practices" or self-fulfilling prophecy realized?

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    You must be a truly sad and depressed person. Please get help.

I thought it was fun, and I enjoyed meeting some of the hot prospects.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    You must be a truly sad and depressed person. Please get help.

I thought it was fun, and I enjoyed meeting some of the hot prospects.
    Yes, stating basic facts, and being realistic about the consequences of such, qualifies someone to be in need of help.....

......As opposed to those who shut their eyes to the truth and convince themselves they can merely wish all their troubles away.

It seems like the Soviet Union apparatchiks said the same thing about the dissenters who complained about the poor living conditions just outside the "Potemkin Village" (you know, the Commie Version of Twins Fest).

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Do you ever listen to yourself?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Do you ever listen to yourself?
    It's hard to listen to typed words, but I do pay careful attention to people who make ridiculous psychiatric evaluations over differing opinions about a baseball team

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Twins Fest attendance at 24000 this year, down from 30000 last year (-20%). Season ticket sales and single game sales down about 19%.
    According to St. Peter Twins renewed 81% of season tickets & TwinsFest attendance was 81% of 2012. DSP went on to say that 75-80% renewal rate is pretty standard across the league and excellent of course for a team with two 90+ loss seasons.

So is the back-to-back years of payroll cutting "good business practices" or self-fulfilling prophecy realized?
    IDK - neither?

Not sure why either comment or question was directed at me really?

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes, stating basic facts, and being realistic about the consequences of such, qualifies someone to be in need of help.....

......As opposed to those who shut their eyes to the truth and convince themselves they can merely wish all their troubles away.

It seems like the Soviet Union apparatchiks said the same thing about the dissenters who complained about the poor living conditions just outside the "Potemkin Village" (you know, the Commie Version of Twins Fest).
    I spent my vacation at the Potemkin Village... It was nice... They got a fake Walmart... Not just a Walmart... A fake Walmart Supercenter... A real lake with fake fish. All keeper size painted in nice colors. It was hard to get them to bite though. Spent 5 hours at the lake fishing and came up empty.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    According to St. Peter Twins renewed 81% of season tickets & TwinsFest attendance was 81% of 2012. DSP went on to say that 75-80% renewal rate is pretty standard across the league and excellent of course for a team with two 90+ loss seasons.

IDK - neither?

Not sure why either comment or question was directed at me really?
    Of course he said that, except that this is not Cleveland or KC. This is a team with a brand new stadium and supposedly a new taxpayer-funded lease and license on life to compete with the big dogs.

The question was not directed at anyone in particular, but I would say the answer could be neither, or it could be both, or one or the other. Since you chimed in and apparently disagree, is it something else I missed?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I spent my vacation at the Potemkin Village... It was nice... They got a fake Walmart... Not just a Walmart... A fake Walmart Supercenter... A real lake with fake fish. All keeper size painted in nice colors. It was hard to get them to bite though. Spent 5 hours at the lake fishing and came up empty.
    RB, just close your eyes a little tighter, click your heels together and repeat ad infinitum, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.....".

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    RB, just close your eyes a little tighter, click your heels together and repeat ad infinitum, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.....".
    Everytime I Single or Double.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Of course he said that, except that this is not Cleveland or KC. This is a team with a brand new stadium and supposedly a new taxpayer-funded lease and license on life to compete with the big dogs.
    What I got out of it is that its a pretty darn good renewal percentage giving 2 years of suck and more to come.

The question was not directed at anyone in particular, but I would say the answer could be neither, or it could be both, or one or the other. Since you chimed in and apparently disagree, is it something else I missed?
    I think its more complex than either of those questions. The basic gist I posted elsewhere, but I feel they needed to stimulate the fanbase by getting a big name, or at least some guys worth talking about and they didn't. Now they are pocketing 20 million+.

But none of this has much of anything to do wandering around Twinsfest

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Riverbrian - Everytime I Single or Double.

Perfect. You are ready for the season!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Jokin, I have a question for you: How can single game ticket sales be down 19% when the haven't gone on sale yet?