Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: When to pave the "Road?"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

When to pave the "Road?"

If Oswaldo Arcia reproduces his numbers from New Britain in Rochester this coming year, then when and how should the front office pave the road for his arrival in Minnesota?

There are many different possibilities for re-arrangement with the club carrying four 1B/DH-types. (Mauer, Doumit, Morneau, Parmelee)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apparently of all the prospects close to the Bigs, Gardy really likes Arcia. We might see him here at some point this year...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Getting him playing time shouldn't be a problem. I think the team will trade Willingham and Morneau at the deadline. Doumit really shouldn't affect him since Doumit really shouldn't be in the OF. I think we'll end the season with an OF of Benson/Hicks/Arcia and some real hope for the next season.

Arcia is a hitting machine, has a great arm and he's got average speed to play the outfield. I believe this is his
    2nd year of big league spring training. My guess is he'll be up at some point in the year. If he does come up it won't
    be to sit on the bench. If he starts fast in AAA, they'll probably get him up especially if Morneau get's traded. However,
    I don't see Morneau getting traded until the deadline when he has max value and the Twins fan base has had a chance
    to get used to the idea of him being gone. Note: He's immensely popular within the Twins organization. With all the injuries
    we've had the past few years I would imagine that there will be some sort of injury to someone which will give Arcia and probably
    some other players a chance this year.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Trade Morneau . Parms to 1st, Arcia to LF or RF. That opens the spot for Arcia, I won't get into who else they should be trading, doesn't matter as far as this is concerned.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    If Oswaldo Arcia reproduces his numbers from New Britain in Rochester this coming year, then when and how should the front office pave the road for his arrival in Minnesota?

There are many different possibilities for re-arrangement with the club carrying four 1B/DH-types. (Mauer, Doumit, Morneau, Parmelee)
    Assuming all four of those guys stay healthy for a second consecutive season seems like a reach to me. An injury is usually what opens the door for a prospects playing time with this club. If not injury, poor production is usually the secondary factor. Likely Mauer or Morneau won't sit due to underachievment but surely Doumit or Parmelee would. No need to force anything, these things always work themselves out due to unfortunate happenstance at the MLB level.