Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: 10 Things To Do And See At TwinsFest

Article: 10 Things To Do And See At TwinsFest

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing I like about Twins fest that has a little variety from year-to-year is the past stars from the rest of baseball who appear. Hall of Famer Bob Feller (rest in peace) used to sign autographs and plug his museum in Van Meter, Iowa and the self-dubbed "Black Aces" (Fergie Jenkins, Vida Blue, Mudcat Grant, Dave Stewart, etc.) had a table recently which was cool.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    BASEBALL! Woot!

Yeah - I "scored" a grab bag - very disappointed - last year's poster (made available last year at this time, so you can imagine how up-to-date it was), last year's Twins yearbook, and a 2013 autographed - Terry Steinbach - calendar! Once again, the Poland are making money by misleading the fans!

Misleading? A grab bag is like a lottery, nobody knows what they get which is maybe not much at all. Of course the P family makes $$$. If they did not the Twins would be owned by somebody else ... or maybe someplace else. As owners, we could have way worse.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I told Aaron Hicks he would be the center fielder this year, and he seemed okay with that.

I asked Kyle Gibson how his arm felt, and he said it feels fine, which means at least twelve wins from him.

I also got Trevor Plouffe to promise to hit 30 home runs this year. Specifically, he said, "Please go away, you're bothering me."

Sounds like a promise to me.

I also entered the national anthem contest. I didn't hit many notes, but I think I yelled the loudest.
    Last edited by jimbo92107; 01-27-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
    Misleading? A grab bag is like a lottery, nobody knows what they get which is maybe not much at all. Of course the P family makes $$$. If they did not the Twins would be owned by somebody else ... or maybe someplace else. As owners, we could have way worse.
    Or we could have owners who wanted to win......
    Yes i understand Pohlads want to win , as long as it doesnt cost anything or take up there time

@ltwedt Sorry you didn't get an awesome grab bag. I bought 4 (for my whole family) and we were pretty tickled -- Jim Kaat and Jack Morris bronze statues, large beach towel, medallion sets, 3 hats. Of course there were some lame stuff -- Joe Mauer sideburns, book covers (probably would have been cooler if my kids were littler) and the 2012 yearbook. But that's how grab bags are -- you win some, you lose some. The Terry Steinbach signed 2013 calendar is my fave because I love having the Twins schedule on my calendar.

Keep in mind that the funds for these grab bags go to the Twins Community Fund, which I know first-hand is a great charity.