Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: For Better or Worse: Oswaldo Arcia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think he needs to start the year in AAA and see how his numbers play out before we start talking call ups. It was very impressive how he hit in AA but he is young and eeds to learn patience. My prediction is he is starting in 2014 in the bigs.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP View Post
    Seth and Steve Lein- Good enough and agreed. In my ideal little world we would trade both Willingham and Morneau during this year and meanwhile Benson, Hicks and Arcia would develop/recover nicely. That way those 3 could start the 2014 season in the outfield. It looks somewhat promising the 2/3rds of this could happen and we will see if Benson can find it.

Having listened to the BA podcast about the top 100 I had to come back to this. Manuel made a point to go right to Arcia. I don't have the quote verbatim but he said that this is a prototypical right fielder. The only thing he does not have is blazing speed and that when the Twins are good again it will be largely because of Arcia. Love it.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Saw that this article had been posted to and, as a big Arcia fan, had to check it out.
    Thanks for the update, SRP. I am really anxious to see how 2013 goes for this kid.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP View Post
    Having listened to the BA podcast about the top 100 I had to come back to this. Manuel made a point to go right to Arcia. I don't have the quote verbatim but he said that this is a prototypical right fielder. The only thing he does not have is blazing speed and that when the Twins are good again it will be largely because of Arcia. Love it.
    I knew the BA would have Arcia quite high. when they did their AL Central Top 10 Podcast, John Manuel spoke glowingly of Arcia. He said that the Twins have two terrific #1 prospects (Buxton, Sano), and in many organizations, Arcia would be a #1. He also liked Gibson and Hicks as former #1 guys who still have high future potential. But, Manuel loves Arcia as much as me, and that's great to hear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12