Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team Control and Hicks

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    I see no uses of the word slappy, nor do I see any Megadeth t-shirts.
    True. And I guess we'll have to see if there's any kind of boomdaddies offered. Refundable or otherwise. (I think you pay a deposit on them in Iowa.)

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 80 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    If Hendriks starts and goes 5 innings, they need 1-5 relievers. If Gibson starts and goes three or four, and Hendriks goes four or five, they need less out of the pen. How does that plan ruin the pitching staff? If Hendriks starts and goes 4 or 5 ans Gibson goes three, how does that ruin the pitching staff?

If Gibson is ready to pitch, are not his innings better used in the majors?
    That is not how starters are used in the MLB. I can't think of a single case where a team implemented this idea. There has been plenty of examples where a team leaves a guy in the bullpen for awhile the year after surgery, but not after he's thrown 100 innings. The Twins did use your idea last season... in the GCL... where it is common for that type of thing on rehab stints. Also, you're overlooking the amount of guys the Twins brought in to compete for spots. Hopefully some of the **** they throw against the wall sticks and they get a nice reward. This action almost clearly tells us that Gibson will not go north with the Twins, but if there is a starter that is terrible after a month the Twins can have a short leash with them.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234