Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: For Better or Worse: Eddie Rosario

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    So, I guess we can expect Rosario to be a doubles hitter moving forward. How bout a 3-hole hitter in Minnesota? Or would Arcia fit better in the 3, and Rosario hit 2nd? Sano is the 4-batter, right?
    Not sure he's quite a "3-hole" hitter either, at least not a typical one. He probably projects to have a good batting average, OK on-base percentage relative to his average (he hasn't shown much discipline yet), and a lot of doubles. I'd probably peg him in the 2-hole with his speed.

I'd love to see a 2015 lineup of with the first six being: Hicks, Rosario, Mauer, Sano, Morneau, Arcia.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That would be a very well protected front 6....Arcia is going to be awesome in Minnesota. Just need the opportunity.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I didn't include Morny, cause I think he'll be well gone by 2015...

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't disagree, but I'm a big Morneau hopeful... Before the injuries, he was the most important hitter in the Twins lineup, and they've been suffering ever since he hasn't been able to perform at those same levels. I would much prefer to see him rebound to .300/.380/.520-ish levels and earn another contract with the Twins instead of him being gone (if he's gone, it likely means he doesn't). And I think the way the Twins have handled him, that they're thinking the same way (e.g.: haven't traded him yet).
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    I didn't include Morny, cause I think he'll be well gone by 2015...
    I agree. There are too many 1B prospects in this ORG. Parmalee, Colabello, Vargas, maybe even Sano and Harrison end up at 1B. As much as I root for Morneau, I can't see him sticking around past the trade deadline.

I think Terry Ryan is planning this, and he is praying that Morneau increases his own trade value before the deadline. There are just too many guys that can play 1B if Morneau gets dealt, that it mirrors the embarrassment of CF's we had before the trading of Span/Revere. Stupid to pay him so much if a cheaper replacement can produce similar numbers.
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 01-18-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And Arcia will be the long-term solution in RF....NOT Parmelee....just saying....Morneau or Parmelee does not fit into this equation. I didn't even mention the possibility of Joe Mauer becoming a full-time 1B with the Twins. That might happen sooner than later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123