Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: For Better or Worse: Eddie Rosario

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: For Better or Worse: Eddie Rosario

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great write-up, though he had 70 RBI in Beloit last year, not 780.
    While it seems unlikely he will exceed an .835 OPS in Ft. Myers, I am optimistic about this young man. The position change didn't seem to affect his offensive numbers.
    I'll say better. I think he will adjust well and will be more highly talked about as he moves along in the organization. He is no Sano or Arcia, but has an excellent bat for a 2B.
    I wouldn't look for him in a Twins uniform before 2015 though. More likely 2016.

Senior Member Double-A Cap'n Piranha's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddie just might be my favorite prospect in the entire system. I'm excited to see what he can do with a whole season (knock on wood for no injuries), and am really excited for a potential Roberts-Rosario-Sano-Vargas top 4 of the Miracle line-up. That's some serious OBP followed by big-time SLG.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I kind of expect his numbers to go down a bit, but that doesn't mean getting worse as a player. And I expect his defense to be better with a full season already under his belt and the initial learning curve out of the way. He's one of the most intriguing prospects for me. If he shows the ability to stick at second and keeps hitting like he has been, he immediately shoots up into the potential star category. As frustrating as I expect the major league season to be, he's one of the players I'm really hoping to see take that step up a level to show he's going to be legit and make following the Twins minor leagues a blast this year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddie will get BETTER! After 2013 we will have a different Top 10 prospects list with Rosario rated AHEAD of Sano.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What Eddie has that Sano does not: speed, ability to play defense up-the-middle, ability to not strikeout so dang much, better batting average.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll say better, simply because another year playing almost every day at 2B should make him better at that position. If he can just maintain his offensive productivity as he moves up a level, that would in itself constitute being "better."

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    He was a 4th round pick, not third.

I'm probably less optimistic about Rosario than any of our other top prospects. I'm concerned about his declining OBP last year, esp after he came back. Hope I'm wrong. I think, of all our prospects, he could be the biggest X-factor in that other teams don't have a big time second base prospect and, if he pans out, he'll give the Twins a very rare and valuable player.

He was getting thrown out a bunch before he got hit in the face. Go back and look at the first half. He actually hit prospect cold sheet because of that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Who cares how much he got caught stealing?...his offensive numbers were great, and he is gonna be a stud moving forward. Will probably play all of 2013 in Ft. Myers while he learns 2B
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 01-17-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I think the common perception will be that he'll dip a little, but I think he'll actually be slightly better when you account for ballpark factors, etc. (His OPS may drop some, but his OPS+ will probably be fairly consistent) I think we'll see the improvement more on the defensive side as he shows greater comfort at 2B.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rosario is the best pure hitter in the Twins system, however Sano is the better overall prospect because of his power

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Rosario is the best pure hitter in the Twins system, however Sano is the better overall prospect because of his power
    Could Rosario put up similar power numbers to Sano next year in Ft. Myers? Kinda like 2011....And if Eddie can....why would Sano be considered a better prospect?

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    Could Rosario put up similar power numbers to Sano next year in Ft. Myers? Kinda like 2011....And if Eddie can....why would Sano be considered a better prospect?

No, he couldn't... I don't think. Just not as much power as Sano... he'll likely have a higher batting average, and OBP will be close, but Sano will have higher SLG (although Rosario could rack up a ton of doubles).

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddie won't put up the power Sano will. This was already demonstrated last year in Beloit (28 HR's vs 12 HR's). BUT whereas Sano will hit more out of the yard, Rosario will rack up more doubles, so I'd expect their XBH totals at the end of the year to be very similar.

And as pure hitters go, I'll still take Arcia's bat over Eddie's for tops in the system.
    Follow me on Twitter: @HangingSL
    Spring Training Regular since 2010.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't think Arcia will be in the "system" much longer. At least not the minor league system.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Very good prospect, particularly if he can grow into a 2nd baseman. I expect the slugging percentage to decline, but I want to see the OBP go up the .370 range. Rosario projects to be a top of the order hitter and the ability to be more selective needs to be developed.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Worse, because each successive league in the majors is about 15% better, and the amount a player improves each year is likely 5% or under.

I'm also optimistic about Rosario being the Twins 2B of the future, and eager to see what a year under his belt at 2B and an injury free one to boot looks like.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
    Blog Entries
    *minors

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Big fan, cannot wait to see him in MN someday. I think he will be about the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast