Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bollinger: Blackburn to Miss Start of Season after Wrist Surgery

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    You need thick skin to post to this forum. I don't have it - I'm such a softy that when Seth spoke up, I deleted my minor contribution of snark, and I haven't found anything I felt to comment upon in the meantime. I usually get over it.
    You are a good hearted person. Judging by the vitrol I have read in many of the threads there is no need for a thick skin to post. If you read what others post on what you write there is a need for thick skin. Anonymity has allowed people's inner butt head to show. If one disagrees with a group viewpoint hackels are raised and let the denigration begin.

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    One still has to wonder with Blackburn. After the bone chips were removed in 2010 he never seemed quite like the same pitcher. For a pitcher that relied on command than overpowering pitches, the loss of command surely affected the outcome.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    I think the "internet manners & protocol police" are overreacting. Unless I skipped over some comments I don't see any attacks on Blackburn What I see is a lot people mocking his performance on the field.

What's wrong with that?
    It also appears that some of the more "insensitive" comments have been deleted.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Damn, I've been debating calling him J.J. Hardy's publicist.....well played. That schtick is old.
    Yeah, it's likely the most admirable thing about you how you can always state something once or mayyyyyybe twice and then be done with it. I feel like Fletch in the presence of Stanton Boyd.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    I hope he learns the knuckleball , and goes on to win the cy young award in 5 years

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Not sure why we feel the need to rush to Blackburn's defense here. I was under the impression that the main topic of these forums was baseball, and if the subjects of the thread are Nick Blackburn and baseball, there's not a whole lot of positive things to say.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did this thread just, with a straight face, claim that a MAJORITY of players probably read the stuff on here? Wow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123