Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook 2013 NOW AVAILABLE

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook 2013 NOW AVAILABLE

Looking forward to the E-book version I live in Lebanon, and shipping is tricky. I'm sure the book will be well worth the price.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff! Like wagwan said the price is definitely fair. It sounds like a lot of hard work and worth the read.

One quick thing.... The little caption next to Hicks on the cover says "for the" twice....
    Just so you are aware.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Great stuff! Like wagwan said the price is definitely fair. It sounds like a lot of hard work and worth the read.

One quick thing.... The little caption next to Hicks on the cover says "for the" twice....
    Just so you are aware.

Well... ummm... Good catch! I'd like to say that we left that on there intentionally to see if anyone would even notice... but that wouldn't exactly be true... Hmmm...

And yes, the book was a lot of hard work. The last week has been spent editing... the inside pages of the book...

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Will be ordering soon.

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Just ordered! Can't wait to get it.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Well... ummm... Good catch! I'd like to say that we left that on there intentionally to see if anyone would even notice... but that wouldn't exactly be true... Hmmm...
    Hah, even with the heads-up, when I went back to look at the image I didn't notice the typo at first. Some proofreader I'd make. It reminds me of a spot-the-mistake quiz I saw in some book as a kid:
    PARIS IN THE
    THE SPRING
    Supposedly a majority of people would not notice the mistake if presented to them without particular warning there might be something wrong. The human eye works in funny ways.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The most ridiculous thing is that not only was that read a billion times, the wording was discussed... and never realized.

I had a co-worker read it. She read it out loud five times. I said you're missing two words. Her response, "Prospect Handbook?" At that point I realized 95% of people probably would never notice it...

And then I came on here.

Blog Entries
    The cover has been fixed. Any ordered at this point forward will receive the corrected cover... The other one will be the (More Valuable) Error Cover.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    haha you guys didn't need to fix the cover. It doesn't bring down the value or ruin the integrity of the book. I know regret bringing it up! The only reason I noticed is because I read so gosh darn slow!

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The cover has been fixed. Any ordered at this point forward will receive the corrected cover... The other one will be the (More Valuable) Error Cover.
    Ohhhhhh... now I can't wait to see whether I get the "error cover" when the books I ordered arrive! I haven't experienced this kind of anticipation since I ordered a whole box of Topps cards and ripped the packages open to find out whether I'd get any of the sure-to-be-worth-millions-some-day Billy Ripken "(obscenity)-Face" cards!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I got the e-book version today. Its a great read, and it is fun to find out about the lesser known prospects.
    It says that Bryan Haar was a 34th round draft pick in 2008.?? It also said he was drafted in 2012 ??

Blog Entries
    haha you guys didn't need to fix the cover. It doesn't bring down the value or ruin the integrity of the book. I know regret bringing it up! The only reason I noticed is because I read so gosh darn slow!
    No, I'm glad you brought it up because I now think it is funny. Like Jeremy said, we've all looked at it many times. I got a copy I ordered last weekend today in the mail, and it was wrong on there. I just think it's funny. It was good to correct it, but nothing we can do on those that ordered before that. It'll be a good thing to test your friends and family with... See if they notice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegrin View Post
    I got the e-book version today. Its a great read, and it is fun to find out about the lesser known prospects.
    It says that Bryan Haar was a 34th round draft pick in 2008.?? It also said he was drafted in 2012 ??
    Thanks for ordering... We all know quite a bit about the main, known prospects, but the other guys in the book all work hard and deserve to be noticed. Also, you never know from year to year which prospect(s) will take a big step forward and suddenly be a guy you'll want to know more about, right?

As for the error, Haar was drafted in 2012. I want to apologize for any errors you find. Jeremy, Cody and I did take a lot of time reading through it. I caught a lot of things. We all did, but some will sneak through. That's the beauty of self-publishing. I found a mistake when I was re-reading the Luke Bard profile this morning. I corrected it for this blog, but if you've got the e-book, you've probably already caught it too. There will be some. We tried, but we're not professionals. We just want to provide a lot of information about a lot of players.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe those of you who get the error cover can try to get 10X face value on ebay

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hah! That should be "now". This forum thread should be worth a lot, a few years from now, due to the error.

Got my e-book yesterday. Good stuff. Read it during a faculty meeting. Finally, an hour not wasted at one of those things....

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As anyone who has gone through the Billy Ripken School of Artificially Generating Value in Collectables will tell you, the only way to significantly jack up value of something like this is to slip an obscenity past the editors.

Hmmmm... Seth... you might want to consider very closely editing anything I write for the 2014 Handbook.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Just ordered this year's handbook for dad and I and highly recommend it to those who haven't. Keep up the good work!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast