Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Uh Oh: "Baker's elbow a concern again for Twins"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Uh Oh: "Baker's elbow a concern again for Twins"

I just saw this article through Aaron Gleeman at Hardball Talk, Joe Christensen reporting that the Twins are monitoring Baker after some "red flags" during last Saturday's game against the Pirates.

Go here for Parker's write up.
    Last edited by dave_dw; 03-15-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Terrific. If you had to pick our most consistent pitcher in the post-Santana era, I think it's Baker over Liriano and Pavano, and it's probably not that close. But Baker also doesn't have a prayer of reaching 200 innings most years (only done it once). Rotation will really be hurting if he's out a lot this year again, and if someone else doesn't step up.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I predicted last year that Baker needed T.J. surgery...He has all the symptoms low velocity on fastball, can't get loose, and still 5 months later in pain. Hey training staff can you say UCL tear. These idiots are so bad it really is disgusting. Glad they upgraded the starting rotation, oh don't worry we have Terry Doyle. Looks like the Pohlad family will save another $9.5 million in 2013. It's unreal they will get to use injuries as excuse again in 2012.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    I predicted last year that Baker needed T.J. surgery...He has all the symptoms low velocity on fastball, can't get loose, and still 5 months later in pain. Hey training staff can you say UCL tear. These idiots are so bad it really is disgusting. Glad they upgraded the starting rotation, oh don't worry we have Terry Doyle. Looks like the Pohlad family will save another $9.5 million in 2013. It's unreal they will get to use injuries as excuse again in 2012.

Put Swarzak in the rotation, open a bullpen spot for someone else.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Doyle found out already today pitching to starters is different than the AZ fall league. Do not give up any prospects to keep this guy.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Not renewing Baker's option next year would help the Pohlad's lower payroll to under Ninety million. This may be their ultimate goal.
    Lets hope that Baker has a good year and forces the issue.
    Last edited by Highabove; 03-15-2012 at 04:19 PM.