Thread: Spring Training tickets

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 784 Times in 492 Posts

Spring Training tickets

Anyone know when they go on sale? I can't find anything on the Twins site.

Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not for a while yet. But do not worry.
    If you are interested in going to the Twins Spring Training, the game tickets should be the least of your worries. I would suggest that you take care of the air/hotel/car first. Then show up in the ST area (i.e. drive to Hammond Stadium) a couple of hrs before the games (and plenty to see in the Minor League parks) and you will find tickets close to cost as soon as you will park.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Not for a while yet. But do not worry.
    If you are interested in going to the Twins Spring Training, the game tickets should be the least of your worries. I would suggest that you take care of the air/hotel/car first. Then show up in the ST area a couple of hrs before the games (and plenty to see in the Minor League parks) and you will find tickets close to cost as soon as you will park.
    My parents have a place here. No hotel/transportation needed. I have been to spring training 15-20 times ... this will be my 12th year in a row ... so I kind of know my way around at this point. But thanks for the added advice. I like tickets in a certain area, so don't always like to just show up, although I have done that, too. And I try to bring my parents to a game or two which requires handicapped seating. So ... if anyone knows ... let me know.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Spring training tickets go on sale to season ticket holder on Tuesday the 10th of January. They go on sale to the general public on Saturday the 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    Spring training tickets go on sale to season ticket holder on Tuesday the 10th of January. They go on sale to the general public on Saturday the 14th.
    Do you mean Saturday the 12th? And where was this posted?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Do you mean Saturday the 12th? And where was this posted?
    I'm assuming it was posted in the "when 2012 ST tickets go on sale" section of the Twins' site.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    I'm assuming it was posted in the "when 2012 ST tickets go on sale" section of the Twins' site.
    Sorry about that looking at the wrong calendar. Here is the e-mail notice. I was thinking that Tickets go on sale to the general public the following Saturday.

"Mark your calendar for Wednesday, January 9th for your opportunity to purchase tickets to Spring Training in Fort Myers, Florida. This exclusive presale allows you access to the best games at Hammond Stadium before they go on sale to the general public. Enjoy Twins baseball in an intimate venue - and take some time to warm your feet on the white sand beaches of Florida's Gulf Coast.

An email including a unique one-time-use password to access this presale will be forwarded in early January."

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tickets are on sale to the general public on Saturday, January 12th. I've seen multiple sites with this date, including: Minnesota Twins - 2013 Schedule | 2009 Schedule | Spring Training Online

Season Ticket holders get access a few days before that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @HangingSL
    Spring Training Regular since 2010.