Thread: Lineups 1-5 from Rochester down to Cedar Rapids

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lineups 1-5 from Rochester down to Cedar Rapids

A relatively likely scenario that is exciting with a slight drop at New Britain until some people get promoted:

Rochester:

Aaron Hicks
    Chris Herrmann
    Joe Benson
    Oswaldo Arcia
    Chris Colabello

New Britain:

Danny Santana
    Angel Morales
    Danny Ortiz
    Josmil Pinto
    Lance Ray

Fort Myers:

Nate Roberts
    Levi Michael
    Miguel Sano
    Eddie Rosario
    Kennys Vargas

Cedar Rapids:

Byron Buxton
    Jorge Polanco
    Max Kepler
    Adam Walker
    Travis Harrison

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like your lineups, but do you truly think the Twins will send Nate Roberts to High A instead of AA?

Blog Entries
    They very well might and it isn't the worst idea to get him some plate appearances there before promoting him. He should be in New Britain quickly and who knows where he ends the season.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bux is not likely to start in CR. Should see him by June 1 though
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Very interesting. Thanks for laying this out Shane.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I suspect that Arcia and Roberts will both start at AA. Also, I suspect that one of Benson/Hicks might make the big club.

You need to take into consideration the Boggses/Ramirezes/Thomases of the world in AAA too. I suspect that Boggs will be the leadoff hitter in Rochester... Plus at least one of Escobar/Florimon/Dozier will not be with the Twins (and maybe more, pending acquisitions) and they will have to figure in the equation
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    I suspect that Arcia and Roberts will both start at AA. Also, I suspect that one of Benson/Hicks might make the big club.

You need to take into consideration the Boggses/Ramirezes/Thomases of the world in AAA too. I suspect that Boggs will be the leadoff hitter in Rochester... Plus at least one of Escobar/Florimon/Dozier will not be with the Twins (and maybe more, pending acquisitions) and they will have to figure in the equation
    Adding in Clete Thomas to the projected lineup for Rochester would have induced vomiting as I typed it, you know that!

I understand certain possibilities surrounding Hicks, but in case they want to give him some AAA time (probably should) that would mean that Ramirez or Boggs will be with the Twins and I would just put the other 6th in the lineup for Rochester, though Boggs makes sense as a leadoff hitter.

Escobar would be my choice to lose out and join Rochester and he sure as hell isn't anything but a 9 hitter, even in AAA.

Arcia in AA seems just silly to me, but there have been enough discussions around here about AA vs. AAA. I can see Roberts joining the New Britain team, but I kinda just wanted to post that Fort Myers lineup as is. Between it and Cedar Rapids that looks like 10 of the top 25 or so prospects right there.

Buxton in EST makes sense, though he did so well after promotion to Elizabethon last year. Maybe JD Williams can hold it down for him for the time being.

Blog Entries
    Is there any value in giving some time (100 PAs even) to players at a level like Fort Myers even when you know you are going to promote than to AA anyway? That is, is there something to be learned there of value in some kind of incremental way before jumping to AA? This is specifically related to Roberts, but might apply in some other cases as well.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Is there any value in giving some time (100 PAs even) to players at a level like Fort Myers even when you know you are going to promote than to AA anyway? That is, is there something to be learned there of value in some kind of incremental way before jumping to AA? This is specifically related to Roberts, but might apply in some other cases as well.
    Depends on the players. And one of the reasons might sound kinda funny: There is a 30-40 degree temperature deference between Fort Myers, FL and New Britain, CT in April. Some of the Caribbean folks, esp. pitchers would have a hard time in the cold in April and you don't want them to blow arms and elbows.

Also, some of the AAA MiLB signees have clauses in their contracts that makes them FAs once they reach a point without going to the bigs and some of them will suck so bad that will be cut. So some others will have to start in AA and A+ and at some point they will be pushed up.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

My family and I are going to enjoy the coming AAA baseball season in Rochester. There appears to be a parade of legit talent coming in to town. The Wings may have their best season in years, contrary to what you poor folks in the Twin Cites will be experiencing. Despite it all, if the Twins fans can be patient for 1 year, things look very bright for the 2014 season, IMO.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the groups of guys you have in each group but I would change around a few things if I was projecting. I would move herrmann to the back of the group and move everyone up one spot. I would also believe that Eddie would bat in front of Sano. So he would be 3 and Sano would be 4. Otherwise I think this is encouraging that everyone is one step closer to helping the big club.

I really hope Arcia starts out in AAA. From his last season I don't see a reason why he should stay at AA so a bunch of AAA filler can get at-bats.

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    You have 2 2nd Baseman on the same team in Levi Michael and Eddie Rosario. Do you see Levi getting more at bats at SS or Eddie getting more at bats in Center? DH could be used some of the time, but with the Twins wanting both of them to improve their Defense and Kennys Vargas being on that team as well, I can't see that being the regular solution.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    What about Mr. Berrios? Cedar Rapids or lower? Will he go like Buxton and maybe make the jump after some time passes?

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Of more interest to me is who is going to be the 4th outfielder for the Twins. Hammer, Mastro and Parm seem to be locked in for opening day, but who is the #4? Does Clete Thomas get an undeserving call for opening day? Will Benson or Hicks crack the 25 man to start the year? I think Benson is more likely if only because I think there is more value giving Hicks time in AAA before moving him up, could see him by mid-season which also would avoid the super-2 business and give the Twins an extra year of control.