Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins' Bullpen Banter

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thrylos98,

I will agree with you and Seth that maybe "Released" was a bit over the top even for me. He should go to New Britain or Rochester and allowed to develop slowly. However, he might be wounded beyond reapir at this point.
    Last edited by Fanatic Jack; 03-15-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Thrylos98,

Everyone can jump on me that is fine. However, I was right about Terry Doyle as he was shelled again today, Liriano (1 good season), and most likely about Burnett. Maybe somebody can find some stats and compare Doyle to Dwight Gooden.
    FJ
    You were not right about Doyle. Yes, he was shelled today. Again. But we don't release him yet. I had hopped that he would have a good spring training, but it doesn't look good right now. Let games play out and we will see where were are at 2 or 3 weeks from now. Should we cut Carroll because he is 1-20 to start the spring? No, give him 2 to 3 weeks and see where we are at. Maybe Dozier is the better option, maybe not. The point is that there is no need to jump to rath conclusions about players. Don't make decisions about players until you have to. The time to evaluate Doyle is coming soon, but it isn't here yet.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Ben,

What did Liriano do again last year? Oh that's right!!!
    Last year was 2011, not 2010.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ben,

He has had 1 good season (2010) since coming back from T.J. surgery in 2006. Nothing to get too excited about and at this point can you really say I was wong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12