Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2013

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 331 Times in 220 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Perez, as well as Harold Garcia, have been added to the organizational roster.

I also have an updated minor league roster, which includes the Dominican players as well. It's just a matter of getting them formatted. Hopefully soon.
    Your work does not go unnoticed or unappreciated, Jeremy. Getting things done all the way down to the DSL this early is truly above and beyond.

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins have agreed to contracts with the remaining 27 of their 40-man players. Doogie was able to come up with Swarzak's details, the rest remain estimates. If you catch wind of any contract figures, please link in the comments. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    With contract renewal details in the books, I think the R&P might be put to bed until first cuts... but who knows?!

LINK

Blog Entries
    Thanks to our favorite beat writer for MLB.com, I was able to add some incentives for Burton and (assuming they are the same) Perkins.

Perkins should stand to make a few hundred thousand dollars extra thanks to the incentives.

Blog Entries
    The page has been updated to include those who have been reassigned, optioned or injured.

Blog Entries
    Today's moves (players optioned or reassigned) as well as players knocked out of the WBC are reflected above.

Blog Entries
    The roster has been updated to reflect all the recent moves. Obviously there are 42 players (among them 22 pitchers), but that number is a little misleading as four pitchers (Diamond, Swarzak, Harden, Perez) are expected to start the season on the DL.

Simply put, here are the roster battles:

LOCKS: Mauer, Doumit, Morneau, Carroll, Florimon, Dozier, Plouffe, Willingham, Parmelee, Mastroianni.

That leaves three spots...
    Centerfield - Aaron Hicks vs Joe Benson
    3rd catcher - Drew Butera vs Eduardo Escobar (who would serve a utility role as well)
    Utility/extra outfielder - Eduardo Escobar vs Ray Olmedo vs Wilkin Ramirez vs Brandon Boggs (vs Jim Thome)

Pitching-wise...
    LOCKS: Correia, Pelfrey, Worley, Perkins, Burton, Duensing.

With Diamond and Swarzak expected to start the year on the DL, that leaves six spots.

Favorites - De Vries, Wood, Fien
    Contenders - Deduno vs Hendriks vs Walters, LHPs Robertson vs Hernandez vs RHPs Roenicke vs Burnett vs Pressly vs Perdomo

(Though I would prefer Deduno over Hendriks to start the year, I would be concerned about adding Deduno knowing that he might get squeezed when Diamond is healthy. He would be lost on waivers. Once he's up, he'll need to stay up... unless he absolutely implodes. In short, he'll need to win the #4 job for me to add him.)
    Last edited by Jeremy Nygaard; 03-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Updated to include the major leaguers optioned, reassigned and minor leaguers who were released by the organization.

Curt Smith and Chad Rodgers signed for the minor leagues.......

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    I would be concerned about adding Deduno knowing that he might get squeezed when Diamond is healthy. He would be lost on waivers. Once he's up, he'll need to stay up...
    That is a really good and succinct explanation of the Deduno Dilemma. All us armchair GMs need to see things through Ryan's eyes, and this is such an instance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Curt Smith and Chad Rodgers signed for the minor leagues.......
    Yup, they were added when they signed.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Out of curiosity, I was glancing through this spreadsheet, and I noticed the guys who had signed split contracts, with salaries for the majors and the minors. How does that work? Is it prorated based on service time they spend at each level?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    Out of curiosity, I was glancing through this spreadsheet, and I noticed the guys who had signed split contracts, with salaries for the majors and the minors. How does that work? Is it prorated based on service time they spend at each level?
    Yeah. Mostly everyone with under 3 years of service signs a split contract. Major league payroll is determined by only their major league salary and, quite often, a lot of those figures aren't public knowledge. (Those were the only three I was able to learn.)

You can take all major league figures and divide them by 182 (the length of the season) and then multiply by the days of service and that will give you the actual payroll.

Blog Entries
    Lots of Aaron Hicks updates. Also Tim Wood appears destined for the DL.

Blog Entries
    All of today's moves are included:

Butera and the others sent away from big-league camp.

The minor trade to bring a Gopher home.

Blog Entries
    The page has been updated. (And will continue daily or more until all minor league rosters are set.)

Some changes over the last couple of days:

*The top "PAYROLL" section is no longer divided by position as it was during camp. It is now listed by salary. As players are added/subtracted, the individual and overall payroll will be adjusted. All adjustments will be explained below where it says "Service Time notes with salary adjustments".

*The Rochester roster is nearly set according to Jim Mandelaro. I've adjusted accordingly, but only list 24 names. I would anticipate Eric Fryer being the 3rd catcher with Lehmann, Hanson and Bigley starting the year in AA. Davies and Augenstein also are still listed on the AAA roster, though not on Mandelero's. I would guess, considering their is still a move that needs to be made with the 40-man, that Rochester's bullpen is still in flux (as well as New Britain's catching situation, depending on who is placed on waivers).

*There have been a lot of names moved over the last couple of days as well, that will continue; so keep checking back.

Blog Entries
    The Red Wings announced their Opening Day rosters...

Some notes:

The projected roster posted a few days ago was accurate with two exceptions - Eric Fryer is, in fact, on the roster as a 3rd cater. Alex Burnett, no longer in the organization, has been replaced by Andrew Albers.

The Red Wings will have nearly an entire pitching staff (10 guys) on their D.L.

Deibinson Romero is on the Red Wings roster. He still hasn't obtained his Visa to leave his home country.

A handful of players - Bigley, Lehmann, Hanson - have been moved to New Britain's roster where they are expected to start the year.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Blog Entries
    All updated.

Blog Entries
    Page has been updated to include the future transaction of recalling Hernandez (with salary details) and DL-ing De Vries.

Seth reports that Leachman (CR) is going on the DL, so both Cedar Rapids and Rochester will be a guy short.

Blog Entries
    Drew Butera headed to Rochester's DL. Eric Farris from NB to Roch. Rosters updated here.

No word on severity of Butera's left hand injury (he was hit by a pitch), but you can assume it might be a while.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast