Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: California Milk Ad

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts

California Milk Ad

= Homicidal urges.

Good god that ad is annoying, it all but shuts my browser down and takes over the whole screen. Not sure if I'm the only one pestered by it.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    = Homicidal urges.

Good god that ad is annoying, it all but shuts my browser down and takes over the whole screen. Not sure if I'm the only one pestered by it.
    Count me in. Lately the Adchoices bits are more "aggressive" - you have to rollover to see the annoying parts, and there is a 3-2-1 countdown, but if you are inattentive (as I am) and let the mouse wander off of the scrollbar, you get the popup before you realize it. Maybe the "solution" (that Adchoices wants) is for the page layout to have them at the center of everything, so that it's away from the scrollbar. The whole thing is a bitter pill, even if I understand why the TD team wants to see some revenue.

Correction: the Milk ad seems to pop up when I first enter a forum page, even if I have carefully kept my mouse away - in keeping with the OP's observation. It was a Scotch Tape ad (also AdChoices) I had seen yesterday, and communicated to John Bonnes, that seemed only partly anti-social because it gave a short count-down before popping up. To me, "rollover" is inherently antisocial if it results in a popup or audio; I want to click before anything overt happens.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 12-22-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After the holidays, I will be contacting our ad hosts to see what we can do about some of these ad problems.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It's really bad.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 392 Times in 206 Posts
    Pig this has been very close to unbearable the past couple days. Could we just start a kick starter camapign to make up the difference on whatever you guys are making on these pop up ads to get rid of them?

I'd gladly pay a $5 a month charge.

yeah,I'm all for you guys advertising the hell out of the place, but anytime my mouse rolls over certain ads (ads positioned between the comments and the scroll bar) I get this obnoxious, debilitating ad. Not all of the ads are doing that, but with where you guys have them positioned it makes it difficult.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to ask to get rid of all mouseover ads after the holidays. I've been tied up with other stuff recently (the commenting problem) so I haven't had time to address this issue.

It will be taken care of after the new year when people go back to work and I can get this fixed.

Thank you sir.