Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Amazing HS game winner

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries

Amazing HS game winner

Just wanted to share this from work tonight at my second job. Very glad that someone got video of this as it ended up being the top play on Sportscenter

http://www.jconline.com/interactive/...ansport-VIDEO-

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    that would be nuts. That is also a long way to chuck a basketball. Most people need to throw a ball like a baseball from there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Liked the reaction that the kid got. Really good to see that sports, at some level, are still being played for the love of the game and not money.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    that would be nuts. That is also a long way to chuck a basketball. Most people need to throw a ball like a baseball from there.
    Doesn't take to much practice to be fairly accurate shooting the ball correctly from that range. If the goal is to hit the backboard and miss then a baseball throw works, if the goal is to make the shot shoot the ball like it's a basketball.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecgrimes View Post
    Doesn't take to much practice to be fairly accurate shooting the ball correctly from that range. If the goal is to hit the backboard and miss then a baseball throw works, if the goal is to make the shot shoot the ball like it's a basketball.
    I was a pretty good athlete but I don't remember having the strength to shoot a basketball 80+ feet.