Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Who would you like to see 12 Questions With...

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who would you like to see 12 Questions With...

I've done a handful of 12 Questions With interviews here at Twins Daily, and I've got 3-5 more lined up (just have to send questions)... but it'd be very helpful if the Twins Daily community would help me out by letting me know a couple of players you would like to see interviewed. If you like, what is a question you would like to see that player asked? I have contacts, it'd just be helpful to know which ones to go after.

Thank you,
    Seth

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddie Rosario- does he need an interpreter? I would like to know if he feels he could stick at 2B or if there are other positions he would be interested in.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    All the top 10 guys plus any scrappy utility INF that have a sweet glove.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 196 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    All the top 10 guys plus any scrappy utility INF that have a sweet glove.
    Yeah, the top 10 guys are always interesting. After they've been here a while, it would be interesting to see how May and Meyer view the development system here vs their old clubs.

But reading about guys who (probably) won't make it can be fun too. It's nice to see how they are handling going from being the best in their high school/college to maybe a minor league filler guy. 'Course, the phrasing of the questions has too be delicate. :-)

Sleeper's that I'd like to know a bit more about include Felix Jorge and Polanco. I'd like to know what the Twins international side is like through a players eyes.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    I'd like to hear from Chris Colabello. He's been around awhile but is starting to make a case for himself to get a crack at the MLB level. I've heard the highest level of independant baseball leagues compared talentwise to AA, I'd like to know how he rates the difficulty levels. I'd also like to know how long a guy like him would continue to chase the presumed dream of making it to the big leagues.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I'm being provincial here, but just go through the list of the players we'd project to be in Cedar Rapids this summer and pick as many to interview as you can handle
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Keep the suggestions coming in. I have two Q&As ready to post next week already. Both, in my opinion, are tremendous. I'm also sending out questions to a couple of guys that I think Twins fans will be quite in.

Senior Member Triple-A B Richard's Avatar
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Personally I've always wanted to hear from Max Kepler. Aside from that, I like the idea of getting to know the top 10 guys. Eddie Rosario would be an interesting pick I'd have a feeling

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    For those interested, here is a checklist of Q&As that I did over at SethSpeaks.net - SethSpeaks

B.J. Hermsen. He seems to do everything right, but not still considered a top-top prospect. Anthony Slama -- where does he see his baseball career. Brad Steil, the new guy in the farm system and how he will bring new ideas and technologies to a system that, just maybe, has been run the same way for too many DECADES. Doug Mientkiewicz, welcome back to the Twins organization -- so many questions, what it is like to be a coach, now manager. How being in the farm system and now part of the farm system, what gives. Ryan Glynn, Rochester Year Two. Joe Benson, your time has come....does it scare you?
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Joe Benson. Curious how he is feeling about his chances to win the CF job? How is physical health is after the many injuries last year?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to know how 2 very effective "pitch to contact" - pitchers (Matt Tomshaw and Taylor Rogers) feel about their place in the Twins minor league system. Both players ate up innings during their outings and showed they know how to pitch. Why do they think their styles work? Why is pitching to contact, not neccesarily, a bad thing? What are the advantages to being a Southpaw?

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 618 Times in 344 Posts
    Dougie Baseball. Please consult old BYTO members for questions.