Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 151 of 151

Thread: Neal: Twins won't overpay for average pitching

  1. #141
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    okay, all I was doing was giving info. I'm not sure why all the shots. I figured most had read it already and for those who didn't, was letting them know.

  2. #142
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    576
    Like
    0
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    okay, all I was doing was giving info. I'm not sure why all the shots. I figured most had read it already and for those who didn't, was letting them know.
    Not sure what shots you are referring to. When you include any news related info, it's just nice to include a link with where you got the info. Otherwise it sounds like you are doing the reporting. That's all.

  3. #143
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,927
    Like
    242
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    okay, all I was doing was giving info. I'm not sure why all the shots. I figured most had read it already and for those who didn't, was letting them know.
    How innocent your selective quoting must have been!

  4. #144
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    How innocent your selective quoting must have been!
    yeah, if you google it, the quote I posted shows up...just copied and pasted. Google: Twins shut down Pelfrey. See what pops up at the top and what's written. It's what I put verbatim. In fact, here's a link

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=ac...w=1260&bih=701
    Last edited by ThePuck; 12-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.

  5. #145
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Not sure what shots you are referring to. When you include any news related info, it's just nice to include a link with where you got the info. Otherwise it sounds like you are doing the reporting. That's all.
    I figured when I put in the quotes, people would know I was getting it from somewhere else.

  6. #146
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,927
    Like
    242
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    yeah, if you google it, the quote I posted shows up...just copied and pasted. Google: Twins shut down Pelfrey. See what pops up at the top and what's written. It's what I put verbatim. In fact, here's a link

    Google
    Fair enough.

  7. #147
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,641
    Like
    9
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    Perhaps next time someone instead of posting just a headline will have the common sense to post the context. Need I remind people how they use headlines to draw people to their site.

  8. #148
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Perhaps next time someone instead of posting just a headline will have the common sense to post the context. Need I remind people how they use headlines to draw people to their site.
    I'll file your advice, given rudely as always, in the proper file. I believe it's round...

    hey, weren't you just complaining about somone insulting you on this site? Again, okay for you to do it.
    Last edited by ThePuck; 12-31-2012 at 01:18 PM.

  9. #149
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sites I normally chat about baseball in aren't keen on having links posted...some just get straight deleted...and I can understand why...especially if it's another news site.

    I have to get used to the fact it's okay here.

  10. #150
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    576
    Like
    0
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    People shouldn't have to Google where you got your information. All I am saying is if you post newsworthy info you should include a source or a link. Come on man.

  11. #151
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    People shouldn't have to Google where you got your information. All I am saying is if you post newsworthy info you should include a source or a link. Come on man.
    See my post right above. And I get what you're saying.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.