Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin's Future in Minnesota

Percy Harvin's Future in Minnesota

In a recent article on NFL.com, there was speculation that Percy Harvin's ankle injury may not have been the only factor in his trip to the IR. With problems in his past in Minnesota (Missing practices, Health Concerns, and Demanding to be traded last June) what will the Vikings do with him this off season as we approach his contract year? Obviously a player of his caliber can help us win, but not if he is a thorn in the locker room. What could we get for him via trade if the Vikings decide not to extend him?

Here is the article Vikings' Percy Harvin, Leslie Frazier reportedly clashed - NFL.com

Does that make him a restricted free agent? Then is it a sign and trade or something like that? I would trade him for Alex Smith or Matt Flynn!

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 733 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He's got another year on his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    He's got another year on his deal.
    Yes, next year is his last year. If we don't trade him this off season we let him walk in 2014. I see no chance of him extending with us

Sorry I didn't read the first post right. I think he is as good as gone. I would bet on a holdout if he isn't traded or offered a huge contract. I would trade him for either of the afforementiond QBs straight up or take what draft pick I could get for him. Maybe him and swapping first round picks would allow us to move up in the first round or maybe him and moving down in the first round would garner an extra second and 4th round pick.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With his comments this past off-season, I think the writing is pretty much on the wall.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys who can't stay healthy are not that valuable. Even when Harvin plays, he seemingly has to sit out half the game with one ailment or another. What are the odds Harvin is ever available if the Vikings are ever in the midst of a deep playoff run?

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 600 Times in 336 Posts
    You move Percy for draft picks, preferably after he's had a few good weeks next year. I love Percy, I think he's a ridiculous talent, but he can't stay on the field and he's clearly done with this organization. I say move on.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 349 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    You move Percy for draft picks, preferably after he's had a few good weeks next year. I love Percy, I think he's a ridiculous talent, but he can't stay on the field and he's clearly done with this organization. I say move on.
    Yeah, I think they try to get rid of him before the start of next season personally, in season trades seem tough to pull off. I'd try to get a 2 or a 3 for him. Then use a 3rd and maybe a 4th or 5th to try to land Cousins from Washington, or a 4th alone to land Alex Smith.

Go out and sign one of the good WR's on the market, and draft another one to be your #2 (I like Kenny Stills) in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Trade him to Jacksonville. Then they can get Tebow.

Then we can all laugh at them.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Westgaard66 View Post
    Trade him to Jacksonville. Then they can get Tebow.

Then we can all laugh at them.
    Because that combination worked so poorly in college?
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Because that combination worked so poorly in college?
    While we are at it, let's bust Lawrence Phillips out of jail and pair him with Tommie Fraiser!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    While we are at it, let's bust Lawrence Phillips out of jail and pair him with Tommie Fraiser!
    And call up Eric Crouch! I bet he can still afford a cell phone. Then again...

Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    And call up Eric Crouch! I bet he can still afford a cell phone. Then again...
    Actually he is doing quite well these days. On FX main football crew

Actually he is doing quite well these days. On FX main football crew
    Realistically, what is Percy's trade value?

What is people's infatuation with backup QB's that can't beat out the awful counterparts - outside of Russel Wilson...? Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and Matt Flynn will all probably be cut at the end of the year.

I don't anyone outside of the people in the Viking's locker can say for sure, but has Percy really been a Randy Moss like distraction? Analysts were calling this guy the most gifted offensive talent before his injury. Do you really give him up for a 2nd round pick or Alex Smith when you have all the cards? I can't imagine the Vikings settling for anything less than a mid first round pick, and even then, I don't think they'd do that. Paul Allen and Paul Charchian were talking about this a couple weeks ago on PA's show. They were pretty up in arms about it.

Percy is an injury prone WR who isn't a true #1 who also has clashed with both coaches he has had in the league. Nobody is going to give up a mid first round for him.

Percy is an injury prone WR who isn't a true #1 who also has clashed with both coaches he has had in the league. Nobody is going to give up a mid first round for him.
    Is he injury prone? How many games has he missed because of injury prior to this "injury?" I'm pretty sure it is either 1 or 0.

He's not a true #1 wide receiver? The guy was the leading the league in yards and receptions for almost the first half of the year. He isn't your protypical #1, but he's a legit #1. Not to mention he is the best kick returner in the NFL.

Did Percy clash with Childress? I don't remember that. Does that even matter if he did? Did anyone like Childress???? Anyways, a lot of players clash with their coaches. In my opinion, this is the only one that will affect his trade value. If anything else goes sour publicly, his value will be tarnished considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Is he injury prone? How many games has he missed because of injury prior to this "injury?" I'm pretty sure it is either 1 or 0..

Why don't you pull up your NFL reference there joe joe... He has missed countless practices and several games due to migranes so far with the vikings

Quote Originally Posted by twins4121 View Post
    Why don't you pull up your NFL reference there joe joe... He has missed countless practices and several games due to migranes so far with the vikings
    He missed 3 prior to this year. 2 His rookie year, and 1 the following year. Played every game last year. Is that injury prone?

Countless practices? I'm not sure if I really care or not? Seems like AP usually practices once a week because of various strains and what not during the season? I dunno.

I don't see any way that Percy reports to camp next year if they don't move him. That turns it into a media circus and increases the chances of him having a off year. I agree that Alex Smith will be cut after the year. I am not so sure about Matt Flynn. Those are the only 2 QBs that will be available that I think would warrant a look in the offseason(including the draft) I doubt you could get anything in the first round for him unless it was move up a couple spots and give Percy and our first. May be able to move him and move down a few spots and add a second rounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast