Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins Interested in Freddy Garcia

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts

Freddie Garcia

MLB traderumours mentioned the Twins and Rockies are interested in Freddie Garcia...

Twins, Rockies, Reds Interested In Freddy Garcia: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Hope the Twins are outbid...
    1-8 with the Yankees.. Not good at all!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Awesomeeee! I can't imagine he would want to come and pitch here. Teamed with Santana and the Franchise is there a better starting staff in the American League.... Hold on was just informed it was not 2006 anymore. My bad. Continue doing what you were doing this offseason. Nothing to see here.

What value does Freddy Garcia bring? Take away innings from somebody with upside Hendricks? Would be worse move than Corriea

Quote Originally Posted by chagen View Post
    What value does Freddy Garcia bring? Take away innings from somebody with upside Hendricks? Would be worse move than Corriea
    He gives us numbers.

He stunts the growth of people like Hendricks if your rebuilding you don't sign Garza

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 865 Times in 556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chagen View Post
    He stunts the growth of people like Hendricks if your rebuilding you don't sign Garza
    Who exactly is this growth-stunting guy, Freddie Garza?

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Yeah! Can't have enough back-end starters on major league contracts.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In other breaking news, "Dog sniffs fire hydrant, tree".

He'll be 37 in June and exceeded his career ERA by over a run in 2012, so he's got some strong Twins cred working for him. Working against him becoming a Twin are a 2012 K rate increase and the fact that overall he pitched well except for a spike in home run rate. The Twins would need to overlook those strengths if they were to consider signing him.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    In other breaking news, "Dog sniffs fire hydrant, tree".

He'll be 37 in June and exceeded his career ERA by over a run in 2012, so he's got some strong Twins cred working for him. Working against him becoming a Twin are a 2012 K rate increase and the fact that overall he pitched well except for a spike in home run rate. The Twins would need to overlook those strengths if they were to consider signing him.
    Livan and Sidney raised more hopeful expectations when they were contemplated.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Chill guys, he'd only be the second starter the Twins signed who was banished to the bullpen last year. Besides, it's about quantity not quality this year least ye forget.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Livan and Sidney raised more hopeful expectations when they were contemplated.
    How bad has it sucked to be a Royals fan? Just three years ago(!), they signed Ponson...after five consecutive seasons with an ERA between 5 and 7. Ouch.

And I agree. It seems like the mainstream coverage of the signings has been more realistic than hype during the Livan/Ponson/Ramon O. years. Expectations higher because of the stadium, or just better BS detectors being applied to the Twins PR?

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    [QUOTE=LaBombo;72458]How bad has it sucked to be a Royals fan? Just three years ago(!), they signed Ponson...after five consecutive seasons with an ERA between 5 and 7. Ouch.

And I agree. It seems like the mainstream coverage of the signings has been more realistic than hype during the Livan/Ponson/Ramon O. years. Expectations higher because of the stadium, or just better BS detectors being applied to the Twins PR?[/QUOTE]

For one thing, when Hernandez, Ponson, and Ortiz were brought in the team was better in general.

I haven't noticed more realistic coverage, though. I think when those guys were brought in it was met with a collective yawn.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Each off-season day gets more and more depressing in Twins land.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Freddy G, and his 1-8 record along with an E.R.A of 5.20
    wasnt that the starters E.R.A last year? Are we not trying to improve?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Boom Boom;72466]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    How bad has it sucked to be a Royals fan? Just three years ago(!), they signed Ponson...after five consecutive seasons with an ERA between 5 and 7. Ouch.

And I agree. It seems like the mainstream coverage of the signings has been more realistic than hype during the Livan/Ponson/Ramon O. years. Expectations higher because of the stadium, or just better BS detectors being applied to the Twins PR?[/QUOTE]

For one thing, when Hernandez, Ponson, and Ortiz were brought in the team was better in general.

I haven't noticed more realistic coverage, though. I think when those guys were brought in it was met with a collective yawn.
    I believe that very irony was the intent I hoped to convey.

It's hard to stay out in front of the parody of a baseball team that this franchise has become.

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    OF COURSE, they are. The guy just knows how to pitch.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 825 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    he alwasy shuts the Twins down... they are signing him to keep him away from the other AL Central teams.

Twins Interested in Freddy Garcia

Twins, Rockies, Reds Interested In Freddy Garcia: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

He's old. He did have a decent 2011, but the last time he went over 200 innings is 2006. I'd pass unless it was a minor league contract or a 1 one year at say 1-2 million (2.5 million tops). I'm sure we'll see Pelfrey money for him.

Figured I may as well post the news (didn't see a subject about him) so the complaining can start and at least it won't climax when we sign him for a crazy deal, lol.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    of course Ryan has interest in him...he stinks...he'll fit right in with the rest of the bargain basement 'talent' he's acquired for the rotation this offseason.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Man, if only there wasn't a thread started about this something like four hours ago..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast