Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Edwin Jackson

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 52 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Def need to sign Marcum now, should be able to get him on a solid contract for us as well.
    Yes. Jackson at 13 per year means that Marcum is probably in the 10-12 range and cannot reasonably ask for more than 3 years.

Liked 709 Times in 456 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What are the latest rumors on Marcum... He must be out with the Cubs now... The Royals have taken a different path with Shields, Davis and Santana. The Brewers are being Coy about it.

The only teams I ever heard rumored besides those I listed are the Twins and Padres.

I think Terry has to do it... 36 Million for 3 years... Sign me up to sign him up... I'd make the big hard to turn down offer now before the big boys get desperate and the Rangers, Yankees, Red Sox... Come knocking.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 12-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,299 Times in 775 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    This. The Twins can find #5 starters, often from within the organization (PJ Walters, Deduno, Hendriks, etc) and for the same amount of per-year money they've spent on huge question marks (though I like the Pelfrey signing), they could have Jackson.
    You can't undo the Blackburn contract (and he wasn't signed to be a #5 at the time), and you like the Pelfrey signing for the amount they agreed on. That doesn't leave much for Jackson or Marcum or whoever else. So you're basically saying you want the Twins to spend more. Which, they have room to do. Blackburn and Pelfrey are red herrings in this - the question is whether Kevin-money should have been applied toward Edwin-money.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345