Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Twins sign Scott Elarton

  1. #1

    Twins sign Scott Elarton

    According to ESPN's MLB Transaction page, P Scott Elarton has signed a minor league contract.

  2. #2
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,607
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,169 Times in 1,356 Posts
    "We have to have numbers."

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lecroy24fan View Post
    According to ESPN's MLB Transaction page, P Scott Elarton has signed a minor league contract.
    Good signing. He'll probably make a fine coach.
    Maybe he can speak Spanish. Or Australian.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    782
    Like
    38
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Sounds like this shuts the door on Annibal Sanchez...damn

  5. #5
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,719
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    With all the AAAA arms in Rochester, what AA guy could even get promoted?

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,670
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    With all the AAAA arms in Rochester, what AA guy could even get promoted?
    What AA guy is there to be promoted that is being held back? Also note as well as he has pitched, what high A guy is he holding back when he might only be good enough filler for AA.
    Last edited by old nurse; 12-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    535
    Like
    42
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    With all the AAAA arms in Rochester, what AA guy could even get promoted?
    What AA guy is there to be promoted that is being held back?
    I believe mike was referring to Hermsen, May, and Meyer. Just a guess

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,649
    Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lecroy24fan View Post
    According to ESPN's MLB Transaction page, P Scott Elarton has signed a minor league contract.
    Good signing. He'll probably make a fine coach.
    Better make room on the 40 before another team looking for future coaches gets a hold of him...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Posts
    601
    Like
    77
    Liked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    I remember when Elarton was the shizz in the mid-late 90s; maybe they want him to give some tall-guy tips to Meyer.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,670
    Like
    11
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    With all the AAAA arms in Rochester, what AA guy could even get promoted?
    What AA guy is there to be promoted that is being held back?
    I believe mike was referring to Hermsen, May, and Meyer. Just a guess
    Just a guess but Meyer probably was slated to start in AA as he has not yet pitched in that level. If your thought pattern is such that you think the Twins are going to start May at AA so be it. He should be at the AAA level. It is a reminder that there was not much to promote in the upper levels for the Twins. Logan Darnell would appear to have peaked for talent level.

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Posts
    1,091
    Like
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts


    Good for Scott, finally making that comeback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.