@twinsgeek
    Liked 157 Times in 93 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: On Paradigms and Kevin Correia

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Uhhhmmm, can you repeat the part, about the stuff?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He also actually isn't that durable. He has one season over 172 innings pitched. They should have, honestly, just saved that damn money and tried to someone turn the $5.5 million being spent on Blackburn into a viable 5th starter. They now are spending $10.5 million for both of them.

Senior Member Double-A Lesser Dali's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Kevin Correia will have a paradigm shift which leads him to throw harder, have better stuff, and have a better mental make-up to be a starting pitcher. One never knows. It is too bad this signing came so late in the Christmas season. If it were a month earlier, maybe some of us could have sent Santa Claus a letter, asking for him to give Correia these gifts. But alas, It is too late for that... oh well, maybe next year.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look at the bright side - maybe this will raise the market for decent pitchers, thereby forcing other teams to pay more.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 79 Times in 49 Posts
    No, this is really that bad. It's not an overreaction to say so. The killer is 2014; Correia will have been blasted out of the rotation by then, but it's $5 million down the drain for a season that is hopefully when things can finally head in a positive direction.

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't the Twins have pitchers like this signed in Rochester? Yes. And for 1/10th of the money. It will be interesting to see how the Ryan defenders spin the good out of this. Hey..... his ERA was 4.21 last year. Like being a minute late to the party and all that is left is smoke in the room.
    Last edited by h2oface; 12-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Kevin Coreia pitched some nice games when he was with the Giants. He pitched better last year then the year before. A new setting and a pitching friendly park may be just the ticket. He also may be learning how to be a better pitcher as many aging pitchers do. I cannot believe he will be as bad as Blackburn. What pitches does he throw, and at what speed? I think this should be at least part of the discussion.

You guys must really not like Terry Ryan and Kevin Correia. I post a positive note on Correia and it's gone in less then a minute. Simply amazing!

The 32-year-old, who had a 51.2 percent ground-ball rate, which ranked tied for seventh in the National League.

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy H View Post
    You guys must really not like Terry Ryan and Kevin Correia. I post a positive note on Correia and it's gone in less then a minute. Simply amazing!
    I think something is glitching on the site. I could only get the comments to come up if I entered here from the forum. If I clicked on the "read more...." at the end of the intro on the front page......... there were no comments on any of the articles just now. I can see your misguided "positive" comment just fine from here. ;-)
    Last edited by h2oface; 12-11-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Day and Night TR talks....each word more useless then the next.... give me cancer now god!

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Loved this article, great way to spin the signing. Really liked the way you came at the Correia signing. GOODNESS! (your article, not the signing)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you really think that Blackburn is a better option? I definitely agree with some of the others but really? Blackburn?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess this is Terry's way of killing the fans excitement over the two trades he made to add what could be good pitching???

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,503 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is 6:30am too early to start drinking or to late to stop?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Is 6:30am too early to start drinking or to late to stop?
    I think the answer is *No* to both.

Terry Ryan just doesnt get it! I cant wait for the presser when TR says he signed a nice guy and a winner!

Time for a major change at the top. Terry's solid trades will never be enough to offset his stupid free agent mistakes and pitch to contact philosophy.

I think a lot of you are overreacting to this signing.

1. The pitch to contact, soft tossing comments are getting really old. Ryan just traded for three pitchers who don't fit this mold to varying degrees, it's obvious he's trying to find some guys who can strike people out.
    2. Whining about the contract is a little premature until we see how the market treats the rest of the available pitching. There have been some bloated ass contracts handed out all winter, this could look somewhat reasonable in another week or two.
    3. Blackburn is NOT a better option, he's completely imploded for two years in a row. They can't count on him for anything and any contribution he makes going forward should be considered an unexpected bonus.

I'll admit, Kevin Correia was the LAST guy I wanted to see them sign this offseason. But if he's being brought aboard to chew some innings to keep Gibson's innings down and give Hendricks, Meyer and May more time to develop while the team won't be competitive anyway, I'm ok with it. Maybe he'll do well enough to generate some trading deadline interest and TR can flip him for another diamond in the rough C prospect.

Member Single-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I would just let Blackburn be the #5 guy instead of wasting $ on this!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast