Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kevin Correia?

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I'm not comparing the two deals anyway, that whole thing is irrelevant, I'm in the neither camp, Correia is awful and Baker is too risky considering the situation we're in.
    Fair enough. I think this offseason should be more about getting the most reward for the buck. If that comes with a lot of risk, so be it. That was my stance, the trouble with Correia is that he's safely awful and we guaranteed a staggering amount of money for that.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,289 Times in 692 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I'm not comparing the two deals anyway, that whole thing is irrelevant, I'm in the neither camp, Correia is awful and Baker is too risky considering the situation we're in.
    Fair enough. I think this offseason should be more about getting the most reward for the buck. If that comes with a lot of risk, so be it. That was my stance, the trouble with Correia is that he's safely awful and we guaranteed a staggering amount of money for that.
    Won't contest that last point, agreed.

If 5 mil a year for a #3-4 starter (Go look up the actual ERAs of those rotation positions, please) staggers you, I hope you were lying down when you saw the Grienke deal.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,289 Times in 692 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganJones View Post
    If 5 mil a year for a #3-4 starter (Go look up the actual ERAs of those rotation positions, please) staggers you, I hope you were lying down when you saw the Grienke deal.
    Who is staggered by 5 Mil on a 3-4 starter? I'm staggered by 10 Mil over 2 years for a borderline 5th starter with no upside.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,596 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Kevin Correia is a #3, a lot has changed in the league in the past two months (ie. half the league contracted smallpox and died).

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    To me , i am amazed that we would spend that kind of money on a non asset type of player, after this year who is going to offer us any thing for him?if we are building for the future shouldnt we sign players that will help us in the future,or players who will bring us prospect in a trade?

Just because you don't think something should be true, doesn't negate it: Pirates Prospects » What Should You Expect From Each Rotation Spot?
    #1 – 3.36 ERA or better
    #2 – 3.36 – 3.88 ERA
    #3 – 3.88 – 4.38 ERA
    #4 – 4.38 – 5.15 ERA
    #5 – 5.15 ERA or worse
    Depending on what you truly believe Correia's ERA will settle out at in the AL, His career starter numbers have fluctuated between #2 and #5, most commonly straddling 3/4. It's what is actually happening in the leagues. Although I will account for the possibility that the past couple of years have edged those numbers down, as offenses have been less productive. As seen elsewhere, Correia has done quite well in 100 interleague innings. Of course this is hardly any indication how he will do on a regular basis, it does suggest that perhaps he isn't going to completely melt down when not getting 2-3 free outs a game.
    Last edited by LoganJones; 12-11-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As I quote Pat Roycy, if Correia is worth $10M, then Grienke is easily worth $147M.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    As I quote Pat Roycy, if Correia is worth $10M, then Grienke is easily worth $147M.
    If Correia is worth $10M then I am easily worth $1M.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456