Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Correia?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Can we admit its less gross than if our first signing would have been liriano or pavano?
    IDK, I see more upside potential with both of them and I'm guessing they would both cost less. Would rather the Twins sign one of them and then bring in a 10-15 million a year guy

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    http://twinsdaily.com/twins-talk/373...-pitchers.html
    Just saying I predicted this signin on Oct 14th......not that I have any info but I know how cheap Terry Ryan is
    Very disappointing.......if Gardy is fired this season for another 95 loss season, TR should be right behind
    I remember. I know you and I were prime targets for the slings and arrows from the apologists.

It looks like my prediction of $85M might have been a bit of an overshoot. One could say that one apparent intent from these maneuvers at payroll paring is that TR is setting Gardy up for his early dismissal papers.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    So the first multi year deal deal Ryan gives to a starter not already under contract since Bob Tewksbury in 1998 goes to.....Kevin Correa? What the hell is going on here? Rick Anderson must be thrilled that Ryan is trying to sabbotage his job.
    If it works out as well as Tewksbury we should all be thrilled. I think I'd rather have Tewskbury. The 2012 version.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not just save the money or sign a different crappy pitcher to a 1 year deal so atleast its a 1 year deal.

Poll would you rather have DeVries or Correia in the rotation?
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-10-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Senior Member Double-A Lesser Dali's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is how I look at it:

Terry Ryan is a ranger at a dog park. One of his job requirements is to pick up dog feces. The thing is, instead of throwing the feces into the garbage, Terry Ryan takes them home and makes models out of them. Kevin Correia is one of these models and he is entering him into a State Fair competition. The problem is this - the competition is a cake baking event. I cannot see how this can end well. Yuck.
    Last edited by Lesser Dali; 12-10-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just saying I predicted this signin on Oct 14th......not that I have any info but I know how cheap Terry Ryan is
    Very disappointing.......if Gardy is fired this season for another 95 loss season, TR should be right behind
    As long as you're reaching for your own popsicle for gratification there, you should probably link to your "100%" guarantee that they would sign nobody for more than one year. Right?

Liked 133 Times in 60 Posts
    Does Ryan seriously not understand pitching or what the hell? Why even bother making a move if it's for a guy like Correia. Christ, he makes Blanton and Saunders look like steals.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have a big problem with dumpster diving, but pay dumpster like prices, not solid #3 starter price and give a 2 year contract.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    As long as you're reaching for your own popsicle for gratification there, you should probably link to your "100%" guarantee that they would sign nobody for more than one year. Right?
    I think you would be thrown out of court by any random judge for using an invalid defense of the indefensible.

absolutely am stunned by that!!!! This means that Diamond/Worley/Correia/Gibson are 80% of 2014s starting rotation. is Terry thinking he can flip these guys this summer/next offseason.....wow!!!
    Funny thing is I had a list of 50 FA pitchers & picked 3 from the bottom 5/10 but I truly believed they would do it.
    Ryan is old school & isnt a 21st century stats guy....so he's excited by a guy with double digit wins for 4 straight yrs.

Get those playoff tickets early people! We've got our ace! Oh wait, Kevin Correia? Sorry, I thought TR said he was after a "pretty darn good pitcher". Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joeboo_22 View Post
    I don't have a big problem with dumpster diving, but pay dumpster like prices, not solid #3 starter price and give a 2 year contract.
    What "solid 3" is getting only $5M in free agency at this point?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I think you would be thrown out of court by any random judge for using an invalid defense of the indefensible.
    Who defended anything?

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    like i predicted, next up kevin slowey and the return of the man called stach ...
    why does ryan not get it? why can he not understand the difference between an asset and a reject?
    we havew better options in hermsen,deuno devries walters and blackTURD
    guess ryan needed to remove payroll to qualify for his bonus for slashing payroll again

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 617 Times in 331 Posts
    Embarrassing, if there was one guy I could hate as much as Blackie it's Kevin f***ing Correia!! Damn TR, you're killing me!

Not out of the realm of possiblity that ROC could have a more successful starting staff than MN this yr
    Diamond....not sold on him
    Worley......coming off bone chips, some think its a precursor to TJ surgery
    Correia....nuff said
    Hendriks....personally think he will break out huge this yr
    Duensing......will move to pen with another pitcher acquired

AAA
    Gibson....best starter with MLB stuff
    Blackburn...many will defend him still due to 08/09
    DeVries.....2nd best starter in 11'
    Deduno....3rd best starter in 11'
    Walters.....

Liked 709 Times in 456 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had a Torch, Pitchfork and Noose store. I could make some cash with this crowd... TR and Kevin may need a strong Sheriff to hold you guys back or someone like Scout in "To Kill a Mockingbird".

He wouldn't have been my first choice and I still have sticker shock but I've seen him pitch a few times and he's got a tough side to him. I remember thinking that he reminded me of Pavano... 2009/2010 Pavano that is.

I remember Correia blanking the Twins this summer for 4 or 5 innings... Terry may remember that blanking as well... I think he out dueled Diamond that game but I could be wrong.

Put the pitchforks down. It's gonna be alright. However... I do admit... That Baker signing with Chicago... Looks amazing right now.

Liked 303 Times in 168 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am going to hope that Ryan knows what he is doing on this one. If not, then he should be held accountable if Correia flops.

Liked 1,216 Times in 552 Posts
    This should be every bit as successful as last winter's pitching additions. Nicely done TR. Now let's strike while the iron is hot and get Livan signed before the other GMs find out he's still available!

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 640 Times in 250 Posts
    That's the best use of $5 million they could come up with? Why not just light it on fire instead?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast