Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They Got Him!!!

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts

They Got Him!!!

Rockies signed Jeff Manship yesterday to a minor league deal.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering which inconsequential signing would invoke Dave to creating one of these threads...

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    C'mon, Dave just wanted to make the thread more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I was wondering which inconsequential signing would invoke Dave to creating one of these threads...
    Pageviews baby, pageviews.

You should be thanking me when this thread alone buys you a new Mercedes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post

Start clicking. I look forward to seeing the keys to that new Mercedes in 2064.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Rockies signed RHP Jeff Manship to a minor league contract.
    Manship was limited to 12 games with the Twins last season, but posted a 2.91 ERA in 80-plus innings at the Triple-A level. The deal is expected to include an invite to spring training. Nov 23 - 9:22 AM DON'T LOOK LIKE YESTERDAY TO ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Rockies signed RHP Jeff Manship to a minor league contract.
    Manship was limited to 12 games with the Twins last season, but posted a 2.91 ERA in 80-plus innings at the Triple-A level. The deal is expected to include an invite to spring training. Nov 23 - 9:22 AM DON'T LOOK LIKE YESTERDAY TO ME!
    for some reason MLBtraderumors reported yesterday. Either way, there was never a thread and this is an important signing.

Unless you are using google adwords you are probably getting paid on a CPM basis most likely, clicking does nothing!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Manship

Before we get too excited about May and Meyer: Remember that Jeff manship was once touted as having the "best curveball in the organization" and some upon hearing that started envisioning the second coming of Bert Blyleven. Wait till he hangs one out in the thin air of Denver or their triple A affiliate Colorado Springs (By the way - Go CC vs. Gophers tonight in hockey)

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So the scrubs on the 28th/29th (Did the Red Sox outsuck us?) best pitching team are good enough for the 30th best. I am so glad Manship is gone!! He was my least favorite last season.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strumdatjag View Post
    Before we get too excited about May and Meyer: Remember that Jeff manship was once touted as having the "best curveball in the organization" and some upon hearing that started envisioning the second coming of Bert Blyleven. Wait till he hangs one out in the thin air of Denver or their triple A affiliate Colorado Springs (By the way - Go CC vs. Gophers tonight in hockey)
    You're right, it's far more fun to sit around nervously wondering whether Meyer or May will turn into Manship than get excited about them.

The only similarities between them is that they all have names that start with M.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Another victory by the Boras Agency

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You left a "2" off the front of "2064".

Blog Entries
    Good point, except for the part where you forgot to mention that Manship was awful at every level of the minors.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Good point, except for the part where you forgot to mention that Manship was awful at every level of the minors.
    What was the highest he ever made it up the organizational rankings? Did he even crack the Twins top 20?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    While I expect at least one of May or Meyer to bust it should be pointed out that Manship barely broke 90mph. He made it to the majors because he had a great curveball but that will only take you so far.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Manship did/does have a very sharp curveball... but no one had him in the same category prospect-wise as May or Meyer or Gibson. And, I think he can still be a solid back-of-the-rotation starter, and he'll get a starting opportunity with the Rockies. He's a tremendous person, down-to-earth, so I'll never understand the dislike.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Manship did/does have a very sharp curveball... but no one had him in the same category prospect-wise as May or Meyer or Gibson. And, I think he can still be a solid back-of-the-rotation starter, and he'll get a starting opportunity with the Rockies. He's a tremendous person, down-to-earth, so I'll never understand the dislike.
    The dislike has nothing to do with him being a great guy or not, it has to do with him being a not so great pitcher. It's not personal.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good, do not have to worry about him pitching for the Twins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast