Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad will the slaughter be tomorrow?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How bad will the slaughter be tomorrow?

I may be pleasantly surprised, but I'm guessing that might be many a four-lettered word uttered.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    I think, sadly, they have a shot with the Bears defensive issues.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 475 Times in 310 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unless the Bears go +2 or better in the turnover battle, the Vikings win this one. I'm saying 20-17 Minnesota.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I think, sadly, they have a shot with the Bears defensive issues.
    Unfortunately they may win. At this point, knowing they have no shot at the postseason (or more importantly doing anything in the postseason) all wins now will do is hurt their draft position and help Frazier and Musgrave keep their jobs. I have zero confidence in these two and very little in Ponder.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 532 Times in 352 Posts
    I too think they could win. I do think it could get ugly, fast. But I do think it will be close, and they could win.
    Lighten up Francis....

I'm done hearing about the offensive line being a problem. They ahve to get better at blitz pickup, but they are opening massive holes for Peterson and have been all year. They aren't a problem, if you've blamed them or still do....watch the games closer. This group is playing well enough to be called "good" at this point.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This has all the makings of a "Wow, we're up 14-0!" game which transitions into a "Wait, it's late in the 4th, we're down by 10, have they really not scored since 7 minutes in?" game.

That's a TD to Wright if Ponder didn't have a noodle arm. Jesus.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They need a mortar shot sound effect to play whenever Ponder throws over 10 yards.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am biting my nails over this game. If the Vikes win, they have at least a chance of making the playoffs

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    HAHAHHAHAHA. H-Smith taking their game and shoving it down their throat. Pick 6, Vikes 21-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 95 Times in 69 Posts
    ...and I thought you meant because of the snow storm.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, I come back in after clearing snow only to find a win was pulled out. Then I look out the window as I type this to find it snowing again. Irony.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    @stl @hou(who will maybe Ben benching everyone) very well could come down to the last week of the season against GB.

Ponder sucks though, Christ.

How many games is this now that we have won despite his awful performances? 3?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty close. Gotta have a few bad performances in a row over the next three weeks from Dallas, Washington, and Chicago to get in, as all three are in front of us in the standings. Extremely possible with Chicago with the kind of turd they are laying the second half of the season. With the injury to RG3, the Redskins are seemingly vulnerable at least next week. I don't know who Dallas is facing over the next three weeks, but let's hope these three teams lose out and the Vikes can win at least two out of three.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ponder is to the Vikings what Johnny Flynn was to the T-Wolves. Collective WTF?! reaction from fans after they were drafted as a high as they were. Likeable guys, showed some early promise, but just aren't big league material. Except that the Vikes didn't draft a quarterback equivalent to Ricky Rubio when they drafted Ponder. (How's that for a Vikes/Wolves analogy on a Twins site.)

I've tried to be patient with Ponder, but he's at the point where things should be starting to click, and he's regressing.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    The Twins should only be this good.

Maybe if the Vikings had a receiver that could catch the ball on third down last week, catch a pass in the end zone on an untipped ball that hits off the receivers shoulder pads. Yes Ponder makes mistakes, but he is not even two years in and showed in the beginning of the year that he can make plays. All thus bitching about him sounds like I am back out in Madison when Rodgers was taking over for Favre.

Ponder's 2 biggest issues:
    1) lack of confidence
    2) he's gun shy as hell. He won't stand in there, take some heat and try and make a throw. If he feels like there is a guy with 5 feet of him he is cowering and breaking out of the pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast