Thread: Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 32: Perkins and Vegas

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 32: Perkins and Vegas

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    The conversation about the lack of young players that you'd want to lock up.....that's all on Terry Ryan's last few drafts. What has changed, do you think?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2004 - Plouffe is at a cross-roads, Waldrop is just getting an opportunity, Swarzak stepped up last year, Perkins signed the extension.
    2005 top two picks were traded.
    2006 top three picks were high school kids and are on the 40 man roster and in the plans.
    2007 top two picks were high school kids and are in big league camp. Revere has almost a full year under his belt.
    2008 Hicks was a high school pick, and Gutierrez is close. Hunt was a miss (at a level no one could have anticipated).
    2009 Gibson was a good pick, probably would be considered for an extension if he'd stayed healthy.

I don't know who should be expected to be up and contributing enough to give a long-term deal to from that group.

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    The conversation about the lack of young players that you'd want to lock up...
    This is something I had not considered and made me really sad thinking about it.