Thread: Klaw chat

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts

Klaw chat

Twins could have "at least" 7 top 100 prospects on KLaw list. From today's chat:

"Twins seem to have a pretty solid farm system. Sano, Buxton, Hicks, Arcia and Meyer should be in your top 100. Could any of Rosario, May, Gibson or Kepler slip in?

Klaw (1:12 PM)

I think they'll end up with at least 7 guys. Rosario was on it last year, Gibson was on before he got hurt but he's actually better now with the new slider."

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    You KNOW things are going good when Keith Law finally shows the Twins some love

Senior Member All-Star
    Ryan has done a great job in just over a year. And we get to add the #4 pick in next years draft, most likely a pitcher (say Appel for this exercise). A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I hope at least one or two pan out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 117 Times in 52 Posts

I bet we'll have 8, and let's hope Berrios and Kepler force the issue by mid-season next year. Hopefully, they can take the spots of Arcia, Hicks and Gibson, who will hopefully be thriving on the big-league squad.

Very exciting.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.
    Is there some requirement that new prospects need to have an 's' added to their name? Is this like the start of Meyersie, Maysie, Gibsie, etc?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.
    Is there some requirement that new prospects need to have an 's' added to their name? Is this like the start of Meyersie, Maysie, Gibsie, etc?
    You can't expect them to just be handed the whole nickname right off the bat, can you? You've got to earn it in stages!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    You KNOW things are going good when Keith Law finally shows the Twins some love
    haha right? KLAW showing the Twins some love......Crazy! Thanks Terry Ryan for getting KLAW to show us some love.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DFC View Post
    I bet we'll have 8, and let's hope Berrios and Kepler force the issue by mid-season next year. Hopefully, they can take the spots of Arcia, Hicks and Gibson, who will hopefully be thriving on the big-league squad.

Very exciting.
    Kepler might be in KLAWs top 100, hes pretty high on Kepler. If i remember correctly he isnt to high on Berrios because he doesnt think he stuff will improve drastically.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 198 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Thank God, I thought we re-signed Joe.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Correct, he likes Kepler, but has stated that he has doubts about Berrios.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 45 Times in 30 Posts
    I think Gibby is already in the works as a nickname. The rest will have to try a few and see what sticks. Mayzie hasn't been used for about 10 years so that would be ok with me. For Berrios I would hypothesize "Berries." Meyers could possibly drop the "R" and pronounce it "Meyzi."

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Ryan has done a great job in just over a year. And we get to add the #4 pick in next years draft, most likely a pitcher (say Appel for this exercise). A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.
    Most of those guys were signed/drafted before Ryan came back

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Well, actually, 5 of those guys weren't. But you're right that Smith did a solid job in international signings and his drafts haven't finished producing yet.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Well, actually, 5 of those guys weren't. But you're right that Smith did a solid job in international signings and his drafts haven't finished producing yet.
    My apologies...I meant of our top prospects...

And I don't think we'll get Appel

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am actually believing that the Twins might have a Top 3 ranked system with the new additions and the improvements of their other prospects.