Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Updated prospect lists

Updated prospect lists

With May now in the fold, any speculation on the new top ten list of prospects in the organization? Where does May fit, and who gets booted from the top ten?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    I think the top 6 (in some order) are pretty settled. Sano, Buxton, Hicks, Arcia, Gibson, Meyer. Rosario, May, Berrios, Kepler and are 7-10, in some order.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    I think the top 6 (in some order) are pretty settled. Sano, Buxton, Hicks, Arcia, Gibson, Meyer. Rosario, May, Berrios, Kepler and are 7-10, in some order.
    Here is mine, I am going off my opinion and what I have personally seen in the prospects
    1. Sano
    2. Arcia
    3. Rosario
    4. Buxton
    5. Kepler
    6. Meyer
    7. Hicks
    8. Gibson
    9. Berrios
    10. May
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,198 Times in 1,698 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The negatives on May are that he walks a lot of guys, and the high fastball that was striking guys out in the lower minors wasn't working as well at AA. I'm not sure if that is quite a top-10 profile, even if his stuff is electric.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    I'm putting him ahead of Berrios and kepler until they do something in full season ball. May has some big issues though. Berrios and Kepler could fly up this list next season though.

1. Sano
    2. buxton

3. Hicks
    4. Arcia
    5. Meyer

6. Gibson
    7. Rosario

8. May
    9. Berrios
    10. Kepler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just so happy to have Terry Ryan back...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    I'm putting him ahead of Berrios and kepler until they do something in full season ball. May has some big issues though. Berrios and Kepler could fly up this list next season though.

1. Sano
    2. buxton

3. Hicks
    4. Arcia
    5. Meyer

6. Gibson
    7. Rosario

8. May
    9. Berrios
    10. Kepler
    Almost assured coming off the list:
    Hicks, Gibson

Potentially coming off the list:
    Arcia, May,

That's 4 of our top 10 potentially getting enough PT to no longer be "prospects". So, while I know this was not exactly what you meant by "flying up the lists", I think it's safe to say our Top 10 entering 2014 will be much different than entering 2013.
    Last edited by Oxtung; 12-06-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo

May was Philly's #2 guy....now he sliped a tad but I see him at #5 over Arcia (who hasnt cracked top 100s yet) with Meyer 3rd...Hicks 4th.
    Very very solid top 10 list right now
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 12-06-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Of course. All I'm saying is that I have conservatively ranked Kepler and Berrios. The reason that I say fly up lists is that they could go from outside of the top 100 overall to top 50 prospects next season. Or they could go Angel Morales although they look better than he did. His K's were always a big flag and they were his undoing.

Senior Member All-Star
    Arcia will probably be in all of the top 100's when they are compiled this offseason. I also think you are overrating may because he was Philly's #2. There are some big issues. He certainly isn't better than Sano, buxton, Hicks, Arcia, Meyer, Gibson and Rosario imo.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Of course. All I'm saying is that I have conservatively ranked Kepler and Berrios. The reason that I say fly up lists is that they could go from outside of the top 100 overall to top 50 prospects next season. Or they could go Angel Morales although they look better than he did. His K's were always a big flag and they were his undoing.
    I understood that Kab, sorry if you thought I was putting words in your mouth...I wasn't trying to. Your post just made me think about how different that list will look a year from now that's all. Of course with Willingham and Morneau still in the stable perhaps it will look different yet in another month.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just posted this on Twitter a bit ago:

My new updated Top 10 Twins prospects: Sano, Buxton, Arcia, Meyer, Hicks, Gibson, May, Rosario, Berrios, Kepler.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts
    1. Sano
    2. Buxton
    3. Hicks
    4. Arcia
    5. Meyer
    6. Gibson
    7. May
    8. Rosario
    9. Berrios
    10. Kepler

IMO you can change 6-8 out for the most part. I like Gibson because I think he is ML ready and can be a solid #2. May over Rosario because of doubts of him sticking in 2B.

All top 8 guys will see there names on some top 100 prospect lists (all 8 are on scouting book.com currently, May is 58), and I think there is a decent chance Keppler and Berrios could crack some mid season lists.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,511 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I just posted this on Twitter a bit ago:

My new updated Top 10 Twins prospects: Sano, Buxton, Arcia, Meyer, Hicks, Gibson, May, Rosario, Berrios, Kepler.
    Compare that list to what the Twins had in May of this year.

Then compare that list to what was there in May of 2009. Quite the difference.

FWIW

John Manuel
    @johnmanuelba
    @Jaypers413 Think he's headed to a bullpen near you. for me, Sano, Buxton, Arcia, Meyer, Gibson, Hicks, Berrios, Rosario, May, Kepler.

MLB Draft@MLBDraft
    .@Trevmay54 enters @Twins Top 20 Prospects list at No. 5

The best sign is to have 4 SP's in the top 10 discussion. A big change from where we were.