Thread: Cedar Rapids Announces Coaching Staff

Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cedar Rapids Announces Coaching Staff

In a Tweet from the Cedar Rapids Kernals:

The 2013 @CRKernels coaching staff has been named! Manager: Jake Mauer, Pitching coach: Gary Lucas, Hitting coach: Tommy Watkins
    Mauer moves down to the Midwest League to manage... Have to assume they want to keep the Spanish-speaking Nelson Prada managing Sano, Rosario, Vargas in Ft. Myers? Jim Dwyer likely stays with the Miracle too.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad to see Watkins and Lucas being retained on staff and it will be interesting to see what Mauer can do with what should be a pretty talented group of players shuffling through Cedar Rapids this summer.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    I'm glad to see Watkins and Lucas being retained on staff and it will be interesting to see what Mauer can do with what should be a pretty talented group of players shuffling through Cedar Rapids this summer.
    Exactly lots of talent coming through there this year. The Twins seem Pretty high on Mauer's ability to manage.