Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers Shopping Derek Holland

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    the rangers have a a few fa next year in Young and Nelson cruz. they can let them go and save money if they have players ready to step in and play. who does that amount to one of our OF prospects and Burton and someone else Herman????

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CC7 View Post
    i feel like they would
    I dont think they would. That would be selling awfully low. I think they might trade those guys....just not this offseason, and give them time to rebound after down years last year and trade them at the trade deadline.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dont think they would. That would be selling awfully low. I think they might trade those guys....just not this offseason, and give them time to rebound after down years last year and trade them at the trade deadline.[/QUOTE]

perkins and hicks for elsburry
    kepler, low level prospect and casey fine for lester

Deal?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpantheMan View Post
    Texas is contending. They might want to fill ml needs more than they would want to get prospects
    Hicks is months away and fills a need cheaply while Morneau fills a need. I wouldn't do it if I was Texas though but I disagree with the HELL NO comment. Holland is exactly what this team needs but I don't think the Twins have the right stuff to pull off the trade now that Span is gone.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Holland pitched like an ace in the minors but hasn't done a whole lot in 3 ML seasons... I wouldn't mind aquiring him, but he's also about to get expensive and could in theory be gone when the new core of hitters is arriving...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    The fact that he's struggled is the only reason that he's remotely available.

Home ERA - 5.34
    Road ERA - 4.08

In what world is the following expensive and how will he be gone when the hitters are arriving? I hope the new hitters arrive in the next 6 years.
    3.2M
    5.4M
    7.4M
    10M
    11M option
    11.5M option

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CC7 View Post
    I dont think they would. That would be selling awfully low. I think they might trade those guys....just not this offseason, and give them time to rebound after down years last year and trade them at the trade deadline.
    perkins and hicks for elsburry
    kepler, low level prospect and casey fine for lester

Deal?[/QUOTE]

Probably a deal there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123