Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orioles as Trading Partner?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I know that, but you can do a player to be named later...and then agree later it is him.
    PTBNL trades must be completed within 6 months of the remainder of the trade so even that prevents Gausman from being in a trade at this time.

They would have to wait until mid-March in order to include Gausman as a PTBNL.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 567 Times in 371 Posts
    Did not know that, thanks.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did not know that, thanks.
    me either...thanks SweetOne!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    How? I am curious why we think Gausman is considerably more valuable. And if he is, why pass on him given the system they have?
    Because he has better command, throws just as hard, and already has a great feel for his change.

There's a reason he went in the top 4, and was in the discussion at #1 overall, and Meyer was a late first round guy. The later guys generally have more warts, and the guys that go at the very top are usually more polished.

And I'd guess they passed because they had Buxton higher on their board. Best player available is the only way to go when you're picking at the top of the draft.
    I am going to to have to disagree with you. In all do respect, Meyer and Gausman are about the same as far as prospects go. You can't take into account where a guy was drafted. Had Meyer been in this years draft, he would have been up there with the Gausmans and Appels. That is like saying Berrios is not in the same league as Wimmers because he was drafted much later. For one, Meyers fell because he was a Boras guy. But mainly, Meyers was taken in possibly the deepest draft since the first draft in 1965 (wikipedia.com). On the flipside, last years draft was historically shallow. I would argue that Meyers and Gausman will be similarly ranked in all national prospect lists and Meyer has a leg up as he has pitched a full season already. I say this with all do respect to Frodaddy G Bones.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    I like it how you try to make an argument using all the wrong stuff while ignoring the stuff that matters. The wrong stuff = strength of draft and Boras. The stuff that matters = better command and better change.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    mourneau for britton and arriteta straight up. dump salary

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CC7 View Post
    If you're dumping salary then you usually don't get talent back. I'm hoping that Baltimore would overvalue Morneau enough that they would trade either of these players with the Twins picking up 4+M of the contract. I like Arrieta more though.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CC7 View Post
    If you're dumping salary then you usually don't get talent back. I'm hoping that Baltimore would overvalue Morneau enough that they would trade either of these players with the Twins picking up 4+M of the contract. I like Arrieta more though.
    okay, we eat 2 million of the 7 million

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123