Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Potential Rule 5 Selections for the Twins

  1. #21
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,023
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not sure.....believe you can take more than 1 Rule V player correct?
    If they can, I believe they will
    You can take as many as you want.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    528
    Like
    57
    Liked 86 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not sure.....believe you can take more than 1 Rule V player correct?
    If they can, I believe they will
    You can take as many as you want.
    Minor correction - you can continue to pick, round by round, until your 40-man roster is full.

  3. #23
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,023
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not sure.....believe you can take more than 1 Rule V player correct?
    If they can, I believe they will
    You can take as many as you want.
    Minor correction - you can continue to pick, round by round, until your 40-man roster is full.
    Heh. Well, yeah. You have to keep a Rule 5 on the 40 man so you can't draft more than your 40 man will hold.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    729
    Like
    26
    Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    for those who keep throwing out Diamond and Santana dont forget Shane Mack OF was also a rule 5 pick for the team.

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not sure.....believe you can take more than 1 Rule V player correct?
    If they can, I believe they will
    You can take as many as you want.
    Minor correction - you can continue to pick, round by round, until your 40-man roster is full.
    Heh. Well, yeah. You have to keep a Rule 5 on the 40 man so you can't draft more than your 40 man will hold.
    You have to keep them on the 25 man unless you want to offer them back to the original team.

    It's pretty pointless to pick more then 1 in the major league portion.

  6. #26
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,906
    Like
    75
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    for those who keep throwing out Diamond and Santana dont forget Shane Mack OF was also a rule 5 pick for the team.
    One of my all time favorite Twins. And one of the most underrated players in franchise history.

  7. #27
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,625
    Like
    1,121
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Don't forget they changed the rules a few years ago, and it is less interesting now....I would go for a pitcher with one good pitch, put them in the pen, use them situationally so they look awesome, and then trade them.

  8. #28
    If the team picks up the Lara kid from Tampa, Cuellar would have a full year to work with him on a changeup .

  9. #29
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by boney View Post
    If the team picks up the Lara kid from Tampa, Cuellar would have a full year to work with him on a changeup .
    I like your thinking. Stick him in the Pen for a year, teach him a change up. Cant be any worse than some of the guys we had at the start of the year last year in the bullpen.

  10. #30
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,574
    Like
    2,585
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I'd think a hard throwing pitcher or two could be added and used to potentially augment the pen a bit... A rebuilding team should be all over this.
    This is exactly the spirit in which rule-5 was devised: to let the Have-Nots get a few of the crumbs the Haves let slip off their plate ... and it is galling that it's *my* team that is going to be the beneficiary.

  11. #31
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    You can. Once you don't pick then you are out of the draft.

  12. #32
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,023
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not sure.....believe you can take more than 1 Rule V player correct?
    If they can, I believe they will
    You can take as many as you want.
    Minor correction - you can continue to pick, round by round, until your 40-man roster is full.
    Heh. Well, yeah. You have to keep a Rule 5 on the 40 man so you can't draft more than your 40 man will hold.
    You have to keep them on the 25 man unless you want to offer them back to the original team.

    It's pretty pointless to pick more then 1 in the major league portion.
    Said 40, meant 25.

  13. #33
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    1. Rosenbaum
    2. Fields
    3. Keck

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,535
    Like
    61
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    I agree the team needs to take the highest upside guy available, roster spot be damned. With this teams chronic mis-use of the DL, they should be quite apt at dealing with a 24 man roster.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    132
    Like
    27
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Johan Santana
    Scott Diamond
    Josh Hamilton

    I hope the Twins select two players. You can look at them in the spring and try to work out a trade with the previous team that would allow you to keep them in the minors. If you give them back it only costs you $25,000. With the salaries today 25K is nothing
    Last edited by Otwins; 12-04-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  16. #36
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,013
    Like
    4,327
    Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Otwins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Johan Santana
    Scott Diamond
    Josh Hamilton

    I hope the Twins select two players. You can look at them in the spring and try to work out a trade with the previous team that would allow you to keep them in the minors. If you give them back it only costs you $25,000. With the salaries today 25K is nothing
    That makes a lot of sense. $25,000 seems like a reasonable wager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.