Thread: Simple Question

Simple Question

Should the Vikes go after Alex Smith this offseason. After today the bridge is burned and he will be available.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Alex Smith knew his time was almost over when they drafter Kaepnernick, if I was the vikes I would go after Matt Flynn, Alex Smith I dont think would far to well without Harbaugh. What you guys really need is a deep threat WR.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 316 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What I dont' get is that Alex Smith has been a pretty decent QB the last couple of years. Even getting beat out, it isn't as if Smith was horrible... Kaepenick was just better. I think someone would give a 2nd or 3rd for him, and I wouldn't be against the Vikings doing it... I've seen enough of Ponder to know he isn't the answer. This team is winning in spite of him.

Smith can complete the short throws and should be enough of a danger that defenses cannot just focus on AP.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 343 Times in 196 Posts
    Ponder is single-handedly killing us on the road in Green Bay. He's had great protection, a back run for 200 yards, and all he had to do was make open throws and he's throwing it to the other team.

And we still have another year of this in store. Good god.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Alex Smith isn't the answer. There is a reason he's been benched in favor of Kaepernick. He never, ever throws the ball downfield. Ask yourself this:Why would a legit super bowl contending team go to a completely unproven rookie over a 6-year veteran at the most important position on the field?

Is there a Vikings Daily?
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com