Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Fickle Fans!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    176
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13

    Fickle Fans!

    Earlier today, Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz was suspended for 25 games in a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. In a phone interview, General Manager Ruben Amaro said that he doesn't think that the suspension will prevent future negotiations on a contract extension, according to Matt Gelb and Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Amaro also said that the club may look at other catching options, but it won't be a frontline piece. We learned earlier tonight that the Phillies signed Humberto Quintero to a minor league pact, but the deal was apparently reached before the news on Ruiz was known.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#uXv3gBMoFDAB3fWR.99

    Shame on everyone of you (you know who you are, we do too!) who compared Mauer's numbers to Ruiz's this past summer. Cheaters never prosper in MLB (anymore anyway!)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    So thats why Ruiz had such a good year....

  3. #3
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,586
    Like
    1,105
    Liked 526 Times in 346 Posts
    So we should assume anyone that has a good year is cheating, and not praise them, is that your argument?
    Lighten up Francis....

  4. #4
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    176
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Are you still taking his side?

  5. #5
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,499
    Like
    840
    Liked 1,171 Times in 623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    So we should assume anyone that has a good year is cheating, and not praise them, is that your argument?
    No, we should assume Ruiz had a good year because he cheated, and not praise him. I think that's the argument anyway.

  6. #6
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,987
    Like
    4,263
    Liked 684 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wonder how many players get away with cheating by staying one step ahead of the testers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,586
    Like
    1,105
    Liked 526 Times in 346 Posts
    I have never praised or supported him. But your post seemed to imply we should have assumed he was cheating. Maybe I just misread your post.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    925
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I wonder how many players get away with cheating by staying one step ahead of the testers.
    Some always will. Baseball's system is light years behind the NFL's system, for instance, but there are still those who get away with steroids in the NFL. Random testing will allow that. You start doing mandatory testing 1-3 times per year on players, and it will become near impossible to dodge drug use unless, of course, that darned Fed Ex guy screws up again.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,874
    Like
    74
    Liked 351 Times in 175 Posts
    How was Ruiz cheating? Didn't he test hot for Adderrall?

    I can't believe all these players are getting busted, it really isn't that hard to get a scrip for it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,270
    Like
    32
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I wonder how many players get away with cheating by staying one step ahead of the testers.
    Some always will. Baseball's system is light years behind the NFL's system, for instance, but there are still those who get away with steroids in the NFL. Random testing will allow that. You start doing mandatory testing 1-3 times per year on players, and it will become near impossible to dodge drug use unless, of course, that darned Fed Ex guy screws up again.
    It was my understanding that some of the latest cream based steroids were clear of your system in 24 hours and undetectable after that. Mandatory testing 1-3 times/year will catch a few guys but it would be impossible imo to make a dent in the problem.

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,482
    Like
    3,480
    Liked 2,992 Times in 1,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Baseball's system is light years behind the NFL's system.
    Wait...what?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    925
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I wonder how many players get away with cheating by staying one step ahead of the testers.
    Some always will. Baseball's system is light years behind the NFL's system, for instance, but there are still those who get away with steroids in the NFL. Random testing will allow that. You start doing mandatory testing 1-3 times per year on players, and it will become near impossible to dodge drug use unless, of course, that darned Fed Ex guy screws up again.
    It was my understanding that some of the latest cream based steroids were clear of your system in 24 hours and undetectable after that. Mandatory testing 1-3 times/year will catch a few guys but it would be impossible imo to make a dent in the problem.
    The synthetic testosterone creams are undetectable within 24-48 hours in urine, but for months in blood tests. The blood test would also have to be part of it.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    925
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Baseball's system is light years behind the NFL's system.
    Wait...what?
    The NFL tests for more masking agents, has options to test players via blood after previous offenses, etc. that baseball is nowhere near accomplishing in their testing system. That's just the beginning of it as well.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  14. #14
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,927
    Like
    240
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfireman View Post
    Cheaters never prosper in MLB (anymore anyway!)
    Ryan Braun. Melky Cabrera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.