Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DiamondCentric

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,603 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries

DiamondCentric

In case you didn't know, DiamondCentric is a project Parker Hageman has been working on for awhile and I jumped on board about a month ago. Originally just a baseball-focused apparel company, we've been trying to expand into other Minnesota sports.

I wanted to get some feedback from the TD folks. What do you think of the designs? Is there anything in particular you'd like to see from DiamondCentric? We have a few baseball, football, and basketball offerings at this point... We have some good ideas for hockey as well, but thanks to the NHL lockout, those are mostly on hold for the time being (sigh, NHL owners). In January, we'll be starting up production on a couple more Twins shirts, as well (we're hoping to attend TwinsFest).

Just curious what some of you think of the stuff we're producing.

Here's the site:
    http://diamondcentric.com/

Like us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/DiamondCentric

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 393 Times in 207 Posts
    Need a butera one.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Need a butera one.
    DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Need a butera one.
    DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".
    Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.
    That design pre-dates my interest in the company but it's one of my favorites.

One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.
    About half are available for purchase now with the other half on their way well before Christmas. We'll be shipping everything shown on the site in time for the holidays if you're looking to buy gifts.

Be sure to use the "TwinsDaily" code, everybody. It saves you five bucks on any order over $30.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    This is great ... thanks ... never know what to get my nephews ... girls are so much easier to shop for! (Although there are some there I'd get for my nieces, too!)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,307 Times in 704 Posts
    Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!

Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glanzer View Post
    Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?
    Hah, no, it's a one-sided shirt. That's a pretty good idea, though.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We could bring back more European "fans" to the website with "Hala Twins" or "Hala T-Wolves" shirts.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!
    We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 135 Times in 83 Posts
    I saw this a week ago and I have about 5-6 to order for Christmas and myself.

My favorites are the 'original lake state' and 'game 6 (the red)'. My mom is definitely getting the killer shirt. I also really like the All Day design but I've mostly lost interest in the Vikings.

Frankkkkkkkie is also a really well done shirt. I might order one for $5 but I have a beef with him.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post

Good work!
    We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.
    Anything Nikola Pekovic I'd probably buy.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    I would like Darko and Punto throwback shirts please. Those would really sell.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    I like the Lakeshow design but wish it didn't have that faded vintage look.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 393 Times in 207 Posts
    I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.
    That would be hilarious.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast