Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DiamondCentric

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,487 Times in 780 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    In all seriousness, Brock and Parker, I'm a bit of a history buff on the Gopher athletics (part of being a tour guide for the school and then a recruiter for the football team along with working for the women's athletics marketing department). If you ever want to go down that road, my email's attached to my profile here, and I'd be more than willing to hammer out some possible ideas. For instance, did you know that the U of M was the school that "invented" cheerleading?
    Huh. Interesting. I have the feeling I'll be taking you up on that offer, Ben. I have absolutely no issue with creating U of M stuff, I just don't know (or care) enough about college sports (and the U of M) to even start coming up with ideas for apparel. I went to school in California and the only sport I followed at all was baseball (a natural given my interest in baseball and the fact that I went to Cal State Long Beach).

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,179 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    In the meantime , how about a picture of Bettman's face with some crosshairs on it? I'd buy that **** up
    I think we'd be able to sell that shirt to every single person in Canada.
    Damn straight, sign me up.

In all seriousness, Brock and Parker, I'm a bit of a history buff on the Gopher athletics (part of being a tour guide for the school and then a recruiter for the football team along with working for the women's athletics marketing department). If you ever want to go down that road, my email's attached to my profile here, and I'd be more than willing to hammer out some possible ideas. For instance, did you know that the U of M was the school that "invented" cheerleading?
    Seriously, you used to recruit for the football team? Under which coach(s)? I'm a big Gopher buff, particularly football and basketball.

Do you belong to the Gopherhole by any chance?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Seriously, you used to recruit for the football team? Under which coach(s)? I'm a big Gopher buff, particularly football and basketball.

Do you belong to the Gopherhole by any chance?
    I did campus tours for recruits under Coach Mason after I couldn't play anymore. Basically, they'd come to a weekend to do their official campus visit, and I would do the campus tour portion of the day.

I do not belong to Gopherhole...just too many message boards (about 3 Braves ones, two minor league baseball ones, Twins Daily, and roughly 60-75 fantasy leagues each year among baseball, football, basketball, and March Madness pools).
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Good god, man.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Good god, man.
    Yeah...and somehow keep up two jobs, help with the family farm, run the youth ministry at the church, and find time enough to make cable and Netflix worthwhile things in my life. I have a feeling that if things progress, I may have an objection from a future Mrs.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    I would be in for a Gophers shirt partly because I like colors (purple/yellow really doesn't work as an example) and despite not going there I've always felt connected to the real UofM (10 yrs in Michigan). Using Ben's theme something like 'We were good before' or 'We're good at sports you don't like/care about' might work.

My order for 6 shirts is in.

I didn't mention it earlier but I'm not a fan of either TWolves shirt. I'm not a big fan of individual player shirts as much as cool team designs especially if they aren't obvious (the lake show).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.
    You're pretty generous about not including Jason Marquis. I'm a little surprised. Another guy that could go on this is Clete Thomas.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Need a butera one.
    DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".
    I thought you would have said Butera BA .200 Naturally.

Senior Member All-Star
    So what's everyone think of the extremely lightweight Lake Show T-shirt material? I like the appearance but I'm not sure if there is enough shirt there to last for awhile. The red '91 T-shirt material feels perfect.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    So what's everyone think of the extremely lightweight Lake Show T-shirt material? I like the appearance but I'm not sure if there is enough shirt there to last for awhile. The red '91 T-shirt material feels perfect.
    The Lake Show shirt is much higher quality, actually. It's lightweight but it's of a very high-quality blend that won't shrink and should hold up well over time.

One of the reasons why DC's shirts are a little more expensive is because we don't print most shirts on low-quality fabric. The red 1991 shirt is of a mid-quality... Don't let the weight of the shirt influence how your perceive its quality. I own a few shirts made of similar fabric to the Lake Show and they have held up very well... Far better than my heavier, lower quality t-shirts.

Hey, once you guys are sold out on certain sizes, do you ever decide to do another run?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Hey, once you guys are sold out on certain sizes, do you ever decide to do another run?
    It depends on the shirt and popularity. We've done two runs of the Lake Show and 2-3 runs of the 1991 shirt. We'll probably be doing another run of 1991 shirts in the coming weeks... We're still talking it over.

Don't ship to Canada? ......lame.

Senior Member All-Star
    Don't give in to those Maplenackers.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Don't give in to those Maplenackers.
    And I suppose you just put maple syrup on your pancakes? You Americans!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123