Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: DiamondCentric

  1. #21
    Owner All-Star Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Posts
    1,047
    Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Like
    2
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

    Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.
    BGBen. We are fairly limited in terms of the sizing but we can get 3XL if you are interested but we would run that during our pre-sale period (two weeks before we place our shirt order). If we do a Gopher one, we'll be sure to let you know when the pre-sale period is so you can decide if you want to invest in a 3XL.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    If the size keeps coming off, a 3x is possible, but it will be a bit. My issue is more the length of a shirt usually, though.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Oh, and if you'd like any ideas for Gopher stuff, just fire me an email.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Posts
    244
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

  5. #25
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,506
    Like
    844
    Liked 1,179 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinsGuy55422 View Post
    To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.
    That is a classic, as are, "I'm a dime a dozen" and "There's nothing special about me?"

    Gold!!

    When's the next run for "Walks Haunt"? Need and XL, all sold out.

  6. #26
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,674
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Like
    6
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.
    Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.

  7. #27
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,994
    Like
    4,284
    Liked 688 Times in 360 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.

    I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.

  8. #28
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.
    Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.
    I'm a Packers fan and that's back when I actually cared about football. I laughed for hours watching that play over and over again.

  9. #29
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,270
    Like
    32
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.
    I still have my BYTO ringer but it's in a closet at home. I did wear it to a couple of Twins games several years ago.

  10. #30
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,893
    Like
    75
    Liked 356 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.
    A **** ton of money. Trust me on this, I have looked into it.

  11. #31
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,893
    Like
    75
    Liked 356 Times in 178 Posts
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...

  12. #32
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.
    A **** ton of money. Trust me on this, I have looked into it.
    Yep, I've also looked into it. Not even in the realm of possibility.

  13. #33
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    We've tossed around some Gophers stuff but nothing has really clicked yet. Personally, I'm more interested in pro sports and if the NHL ever drops a puck on the ice again, I'd like to get a lot more Wild stuff out there.

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,893
    Like
    75
    Liked 356 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    We've tossed around some Gophers stuff but nothing has really clicked yet. Personally, I'm more interested in pro sports and if the NHL ever drops a puck on the ice again, I'd like to get a lot more Wild stuff out there.
    In the meantime , how about a picture of Bettman's face with some crosshairs on it? I'd buy that **** up

  15. #35
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  16. #36
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    In the meantime , how about a picture of Bettman's face with some crosshairs on it? I'd buy that **** up
    I think we'd be able to sell that shirt to every single person in Canada.

  17. #37
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"
    I don't know enough about college sports and the Gophers to even think of ideas for those shirts.

    To be honest, I kinda hate college sports. I like March Madness and I'd probably get into college hockey if the opportunity arose but I will never be a diehard fan of either.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Posts
    757
    Like
    27
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"
    I don't know enough about college sports and the Gophers to even think of ideas for those shirts.

    To be honest, I kinda hate college sports. I like March Madness and I'd probably get into college hockey if the opportunity arose but I will never be a diehard fan of either.

    Who cares what you think about college sports...if you run an ice cream business and don't like chocolate, you still carry it.

    College sports sell merchandise, especially a university with 53,000 students located in the middle of a city with a population of 3,317,308

  19. #39
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    7,982
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,492 Times in 782 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Making Gopher shirts seems like a good way to bankrupt the business, does anyone actually care about that teams crappy football/basketball team?

    Now if you did hockey you could be onto something...
    Hockey is huge, but many years the basketball merchandise is nip and tuck for the biggest sellers at Gold Country. Football isn't tremendously popular, but then again, going more retro and bringing out some of the history of the program would make for cool shirts. Something like "My favorite college football team is the last team to win 3 consecutive national championships, and my grandpa was 12 when it happened!"
    I don't know enough about college sports and the Gophers to even think of ideas for those shirts.

    To be honest, I kinda hate college sports. I like March Madness and I'd probably get into college hockey if the opportunity arose but I will never be a diehard fan of either.

    Who cares what you think about college sports...if you run an ice cream business and don't like chocolate, you still carry it.

    College sports sell merchandise, especially a university with 53,000 students located in the middle of a city with a population of 3,317,308
    Yeah, that's exactly what I said. You did read the first sentence of my post, right? There were only three sentences in total so I can't see how you would have missed it.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    In all seriousness, Brock and Parker, I'm a bit of a history buff on the Gopher athletics (part of being a tour guide for the school and then a recruiter for the football team along with working for the women's athletics marketing department). If you ever want to go down that road, my email's attached to my profile here, and I'd be more than willing to hammer out some possible ideas. For instance, did you know that the U of M was the school that "invented" cheerleading?
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.