Thread: Tsuyoshi Nishioka lands on his feet

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Tsuyoshi Nishioka lands on his feet

There was a lot of discussion when he walked away from his contract with the Twins. He left a bunch of money on the table, choosing to effectively turn down $3.25 million guaranteed to play out the remaining year of his contract at Rochester.

It was announced that he has a two-year deal with the Hanshin Tigers, for about $7.4MM, meaning he'll earn more money than he forfeited with the Twins. He had a rough couple of years in the US, I hope things start to work out well for him back in Japan.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Just like I said months ago, when everyone was tripping over themselves saying "OMG what a classy guy!" Nope, he is a gutless worthless punk. Instead of trying to make something of himself and give the Twins even the smallest return on his investment, he pouted, had a **** attitude and then asked to back out of his contract in order to go back to Japan to make even MORE money. I hope he fails just as miserably over in Japan as he did here.

Good Riddance to that D-bag.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Just like I said months ago, when everyone was tripping over themselves saying "OMG what a classy guy!" Nope, he is a gutless worthless punk. Instead of trying to make something of himself and give the Twins even the smallest return on his investment, he pouted, had a **** attitude and then asked to back out of his contract in order to go back to Japan to make even MORE money. I hope he fails just as miserably over in Japan as he did here.

No, let it out. Don't hold back.

Anyhow, I'm in the good for him camp. He tried to make it here, failed and went home. I certainly won't call him a D-bag for that. And I'm glad he got paid over there. Hope he wins MVP.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm with gunnarthor on this one. The guy was not making a go of it over here, knew it, and asked to be let go. A real jerk would have stayed on, milked the team for every cent of the contract, and still not made any considerable progress. Good for him.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know about the pouting or bad attitude, but I don't believe he gave his all here. I think that when times got tough, he checked out. I said so at the time, it doesn't surprise me he got more money.

Let's see how "classy" people think he is when he is batting .320 and playing great defense over there. He never wanted to be here.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 432 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dave's vitriol toward Nishioka is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Dave's vitriol toward Nishioka is hilarious.
    He basically rates somewhere between Paper Cuts on an eyeball and Hitler.

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Um..yeah. This thread sure took a turn for the worst. Good luck to Nishioka. I hope he tears it up in Japan.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    He basically rates somewhere between Paper Cuts on an eyeball and Hitler.
    escalated quickly.jpg

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Why does that surprise people that Nishi signed else where ?
    it was reported officials from japan were here scouting him in Rochester...last july or august

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=SpiritofVodkaDave;63969]He basically rates somewhere between Paper Cuts on an eyeball and Hitler.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean Tojo?

Once he got sent down to Roc., there was no way he was coming back, despite TD-poster insistencies of his playing out his contract to the contrary. From day one, he never adjusted to the culture and having nothing more than AAA level talent insured that failure was inevitable.

More of your anger should be directed at Twins management for bringing this whole farce down upon the club.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Don't you mean Tojo?
    ---God forbid we have a Nishoka thread without gratuitous references to his ethnicity.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 640 Times in 250 Posts
    God forbid a reference get made to someone's ethnicity without someone getting uppity about it.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Uppity is a word that was once used by racist white people to describe black people who had the nerve to stand up for their rights and demand equal treatment as opposed to willingly accepting second class citizenship. Jackie Robinson certainly heard it a lot. Bill White made it the title of his book.

So if uppity means calling out petty bigotry instead of letting it pass, then yes, you're damn right I'm being uppity.

Garbage like this should be left to the cretins of the Strib comments section.

Nishioka lands on his feet?

How the heck did he manage to accomplish that--descend a flight of stairs?
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

That reminds me, the best play he actually had in his MLB playing career was getting his leg broke by Nick Swisher. It allowed us to take a guy who would have posted a -2.5 WAR over the course of a full season and replace him with a guy who would only post a -1.0 WAR over a full season.

That "break" was a 1.5 win swing for us!

Anyways, where were we at? Oh yeah, Nishioka, screw that guy. I hope he fails for his new team and sent down to whatever minor league system they have in Japan.