Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Guest chat/Q&A

Guest chat/Q&A

I recently signed up for a Nationals forum since I am certain I will need a distraction from the 2013 Twins. In reviewing their forums and threads I noticed an interesting Guest Chat folder. Back in 2010, the WNFF guys convinced one of the Nats beat reporters (Ben Goessling) to come online and participate for an evening.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=16780.0

Now, Ben is over at the Pioneer Press and I know Ben and Howard Sinker have both participated in the podcast as a guest of Aaron and John.

During the long offseason, would it be possible to try to get something like this going on Twins Daily with any of the many beat reporters here locally?

I can think of a couple reasons this might be a non starter for them or their parent organizations, but I think the community here could be welcoming...

Thoughts?

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It would be nicer if they got rid of the DC crap in the background.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Yeah, damn us for trying to earn a little money to offset the time and effort put into this site. Sorry to inconvenience you with that horrible, awful static image.

Getting rid of the banner ads that support this free site would be better than a Q&A with a beat writer?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Heh. Anyway, great idea, David. I'll be sure to point this out to the writers and see what they think. They're the ones with all the contacts. I'm just the propellerhead.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjcampbell View Post
    Getting rid of the banner ads that support this free site would be better than a Q&A with a beat writer?
    Getting rid of the banner ads that start putting out sound without being asked to, would be OK in my book.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like this idea. And we have enough quality media members in this town that I'm sure would be open to it.

Anyone have some example questions? I'd love to share them with them.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 361 Times in 183 Posts
    For our first guest we should have that local media member who broke us all the early news that Scott Baker had resigned with the Twins

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    I think some of the more "inside" information would be interesting. What have their experiences been in getting a straight answer from management? Who on the team is a willing interview, and who is a prick about it? What are some of the team feelings on all the trade rumors abounding this season about any hitter not nailed down by a bloated contract? How much contact does a writer have with non-management Twins in the offseason? Inside info on covering the winter meetings?

Those would be some of the questions I'd ask. The Up and In podcast with Goldstein and Parks did a very good coverage on the winter meetings last year, but they're doing it as non-team writers. I'd love to hear the perspective from a beat guy on covering those meetings.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!