Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Article: Do the Tigers really have that much more money than the Twins?

  1. #61
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,500
    Like
    841
    Liked 1,175 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'd tried them all. She just isn't going to put down the Adele.

    Persoanlly... Man needs a Maid off Harvest... Absolutely... Stupid Girl? If I have Zuma... I gotta do Cortez.

    Locked in the Trunk of a Car is my favorite Hip Tune... Absolutely... However She didnt know doesnt dp it for me...if I have Up to Here in my hand. Trickle Down is so Rolling Stonesy... That would be my track.

    Actually I'd want Inevitability of Death off Day for Night or I'd want "up to here" to turn into Road Apples which is a batter album and I'd break out the three Pistols or Little Bones.

    Zeppelin... You can't top Since I've been loving you.

    For everyone else On Twins Daily... Jump in or Just talk about baseball around us... lol...
    Cowgirl In The Sand (10 minute guitar intro, just to mess with you)
    Tell Me Why
    Cortez The Killer
    Helpless
    Walk On
    Comes a Time

    Actually just get Decade, that'll get you through the mid-seventies at least.

    Three Pistols
    Little Bones
    New Orleans is Sinking
    On The Verge
    50 Mission Cap (songs about Bill Barilko, genius)
    Nautical Disaster

    This could go on for days.

    Adele? Dude, you're killing me

  2. #62
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,662
    Like
    4,695
    Liked 2,182 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    It's a little slow on the Twins front so...
    My Rankings

    Neil Young

    6. Cortez the Killer
    5. Old Man
    4. Mr. Soul
    3. Comes a Time
    2. Unknown Legend
    1. Down by the River

    Tragically Hip

    6. Little Bones
    5. At the 100th Meridian
    4. Three Pistols
    3. Courage
    2. Inevitability of Death
    1. Locked in the Trunk of a car(where the copters won't spot it...brilliant... I still don't understand the conquistador beginning bit. )

    Zeppelin

    6. Ten Years Gone
    5. Bring it on Home
    4. When the Levee Breaks
    3. The Rain Song
    2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    1. Since I've Been Loving You

  3. #63
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,500
    Like
    841
    Liked 1,175 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    It's a little slow on the Twins front so...
    My Rankings

    Neil Young

    6. Cortez the Killer
    5. Old Man
    4. Mr. Soul
    3. Comes a Time
    2. Unknown Legend
    1. Down by the River

    Tragically Hip

    6. Little Bones
    5. At the 100th Meridian
    4. Three Pistols
    3. Courage
    2. Inevitability of Death
    1. Locked in the Trunk of a car(where the copters won't spot it...brilliant... I still don't understand the conquistador beginning bit. )

    Zeppelin

    6. Ten Years Gone
    5. Bring it on Home
    4. When the Levee Breaks
    3. The Rain Song
    2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    1. Since I've Been Loving You
    Shark metaphor where the shark is the trunk and the conquistador is the killer or the Shark is the killer and the conquistador is Laporte......or it means absolutely nothing, except that sharks eat a lot of junk and because they go through a tonne of teeth, it's very hard to tell how old they are. Not sure what that has to do with the FLQ.

    When the hell are those Winter meetings again?

  4. #64
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,662
    Like
    4,695
    Liked 2,182 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    It's a little slow on the Twins front so...
    My Rankings

    Neil Young

    6. Cortez the Killer
    5. Old Man
    4. Mr. Soul
    3. Comes a Time
    2. Unknown Legend
    1. Down by the River

    Tragically Hip

    6. Little Bones
    5. At the 100th Meridian
    4. Three Pistols
    3. Courage
    2. Inevitability of Death
    1. Locked in the Trunk of a car(where the copters won't spot it...brilliant... I still don't understand the conquistador beginning bit. )

    Zeppelin

    6. Ten Years Gone
    5. Bring it on Home
    4. When the Levee Breaks
    3. The Rain Song
    2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    1. Since I've Been Loving You
    Shark metaphor where the shark is the trunk and the conquistador is the killer or the Shark is the killer and the conquistador is Laporte......or it means absolutely nothing, except that sharks eat a lot of junk and because they go through a tonne of teeth, it's very hard to tell how old they are. Not sure what that has to do with the FLQ.

    When the hell are those Winter meetings again?
    I read that... And I also read that Gordie was quoted as saying the song is a metaphor for a smothering relationship. However... It's Gord... He would certainly be a strong possibility for throwing out a red herring or two. So I go back to... I'm not sure... The thing about hip songs is that you can certainly pull your own interpretations from them and make it work. Brilliant Band!!!

    I got to hang around with them backstage during the Day for Night tour. Dan Aykroyd was back stage just hanging around as well. The band was very nice and personable. Gord was very dark on the other hand. He really didn't want to be there working the room. I just said Hi and told him that this backstage political stuff must be a pain. He nodded and said yes it is. I then left him alone.

    Back to Baseball... Hey North your South... I think the Twins should try and sign more Canadien players... What'd think about that?

  5. #65
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,500
    Like
    841
    Liked 1,175 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    It's a little slow on the Twins front so...
    My Rankings

    Neil Young

    6. Cortez the Killer
    5. Old Man
    4. Mr. Soul
    3. Comes a Time
    2. Unknown Legend
    1. Down by the River

    Tragically Hip

    6. Little Bones
    5. At the 100th Meridian
    4. Three Pistols
    3. Courage
    2. Inevitability of Death
    1. Locked in the Trunk of a car(where the copters won't spot it...brilliant... I still don't understand the conquistador beginning bit. )

    Zeppelin

    6. Ten Years Gone
    5. Bring it on Home
    4. When the Levee Breaks
    3. The Rain Song
    2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    1. Since I've Been Loving You
    Shark metaphor where the shark is the trunk and the conquistador is the killer or the Shark is the killer and the conquistador is Laporte......or it means absolutely nothing, except that sharks eat a lot of junk and because they go through a tonne of teeth, it's very hard to tell how old they are. Not sure what that has to do with the FLQ.

    When the hell are those Winter meetings again?
    I read that... And I also read that Gordie was quoted as saying the song is a metaphor for a smothering relationship. However... It's Gord... He would certainly be a strong possibility for throwing out a red herring or two. So I go back to... I'm not sure... The thing about hip songs is that you can certainly pull your own interpretations from them and make it work. Brilliant Band!!!

    I got to hang around with them backstage during the Day for Night tour. Dan Aykroyd was back stage just hanging around as well. The band was very nice and personable. Gord was very dark on the other hand. He really didn't want to be there working the room. I just said Hi and told him that this backstage political stuff must be a pain. He nodded and said yes it is. I then left him alone.

    Back to Baseball... Hey North your South... I think the Twins should try and sign more Canadien players... What'd think about that?
    It would be great if more Canadians played for the Twins, I'm a huge homer, but they gotta be able to play. It's hard on the psyche though, in true Canadian fashion I tend to view it as a personal failure every time Diamond or Morneau put up a stinker, I'm not sure I could take anymore. I love it when they're playing well though, it's an added pleasure as a Twins fan, my personal highlight from last season was being right behind home plate when Morneau jacked two, including the walk off against the Tribe in September. Going to be sad to see him go soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.