Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ricky Nolasco?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    581
    Like
    8
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Ricky Nolasco?

    So what would Terry Ryan need to give up to acquire Ricky Nolasco? I am not sure if he makes much sense but since Miami is giving their team away again it might be smart to jump on some of their talent before someone kicks their sorry butts out of MLB for pulling this fire sale crap for the 3rd time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    A 29 year old guy with a lifetime 4.49 ERA......not interested.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,926
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    They wouldn't have to give up much at all because they would have to pick up his entire salary!! He's got a little talent, for sure, but he's never been able to put it together yet.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    758
    Like
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Maybe worth a look if cheap(like Revere or Benson).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    They wouldn't have to give up much at all because they would have to pick up his entire salary!! He's got a little talent, for sure, but he's never been able to put it together yet.
    Seth I hear what your saying, he had one good year in 2008 when he posted a 3.52 ERA, but 9 million is a lot of money to pay him, although he has reached 200 innings twice in his career. IF the Marlins were to take on 2-3 million of the contract then I might do it.

  6. #6
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    how much for stanton?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Posts
    266
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Logical destinations for Nolasco:
    Angels
    Brewers (doubt we have enough to trade)
    Rangers (you know how much they love pitching)
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

  8. #8
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    how much for stanton?
    Lets see to get Stanton it would probably cost....Sano...Kepler...Gibson...and whoever else is our top prospects that the Marlins would want.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,168
    Like
    19
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    I'd like to think you could get the equally frustrating Joe Blanton for a lesser price and not have to worry about the Marlins asking for anything in return.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I'd like to think you could get the equally frustrating Joe Blanton for a lesser price and not have to worry about the Marlins asking for anything in return.
    Hmmm but Blanton is low #4 or a #5 pitcher at best. Im not to interest in getting Joe Blanton.

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,173
    Like
    99
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    how much for stanton?
    Top 3 prospects in an org at a minimum.

  12. #12
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    3,638
    Like
    875
    Liked 625 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Hmmm but Blanton is low #4 or a #5 pitcher at best. Im not to interest in getting Joe Blanton.
    Their numbers are awfully similar.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  13. #13
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Hmmm but Blanton is low #4 or a #5 pitcher at best. Im not to interest in getting Joe Blanton.
    Their numbers are awfully similar.
    Like I said, I dont think we should go after either pitcher. We have enough 4's and 5's.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    555
    Like
    16
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Like I said, I dont think we should go after either pitcher. We have enough 4's and 5's.
    You give our pitchers way too much credit. We have one 4/5 and his name is Scott Diamond. The rest are AAAA guys at best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.