Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terry Ryan Confused?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Terry Ryan Confused?

Is it just me or is Terry Ryan confused on his GM responsibilities? I know all teams need depth but enough of trying to turn Rochester into a winner and focus on signing someone with a pulse. Samuel Deduno, Esmerling Vasquez, Tim Wood and Eric Fryer? Maybe his next move will be talking Corey Koskie out of retirement to give Trevor Plouffe someone to challenge him...

It's just you.

It's the time of the season to also sign up AAAA guys. There are lots out there and only so many 40-man roster spots.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

So we should wait until December to sign a player who will be on the active roster?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    who has been signed by another team that you felt we missed? If TR spends all of his money in November, everyone will complain that he overpaid. He's been around the block a few times. He knows how the process works. Wait until he actually signs someone to the 40 man roster or misses out on a good player before you start to criticize his roster moves.

Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    who has been signed by another team that you felt we missed? If TR spends all of his money in November, everyone will complain that he overpaid. He's been around the block a few times. He knows how the process works. Wait until he actually signs someone to the 40 man roster or misses out on a good player before you start to criticize his roster moves.
    So we wait and save our money and bottom feed for a couple of starters? Jason Marquis Part II?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So far, I believe that David Ross is the only big league free agent who has signed with a new team. I don't believe there have been any trades. Three months before spring training.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 96 Times in 70 Posts
    Minor league FA don't cost much anyway. Since the operating agreement between Rochester and the Twins was recently renewed maybe there was a codicil to "improve" the Red Wings? There were a great many moves the last two years and that stresses the AAA team--they are a business too!--so improving Rochester may also improve the Twins as well.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    joe spencer a 24 year old reliever with a .315 era over 2 seasons and izturis,to solidify our middle infield

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    So far, I believe that David Ross is the only big league free agent who has signed with a new team. I don't believe there have been any trades. Three months before spring training.
    izturis?bartolo colon,the pitcher in seattle? ok so thats 3 a no mind like me can come up with

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    So offering the International league reliever of the year a spring training invite is a terrible move? The guy's likely not going to pan out but who cares? It's not like they actually decided on him instead of going after Dan Haren. I get frustrated too when I check MLB trade rumors and find the Twins have not made an exciting move yet, but then I slap myself because I remeber that it's only early November and no one exciting has signed anywhere.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    So offering the International league reliever of the year a spring training invite is a terrible move? The guy's likely not going to pan out but who cares? It's not like they actually decided on him instead of going after Dan Haren. I get frustrated too when I check MLB trade rumors and find the Twins have not made an exciting move yet, but then I slap myself because I remeber that it's only early November and no one exciting has signed anywhere.
    read in another site that he can hit 98mph , dont know if its true was from another poster.
    but about the only succses terry lyan had last year was sifting through the blue light special bargin bins , so maybe he can do it again, even though we need some front line pitchers any thing helps

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    izturis?bartolo colon,the pitcher in seattle? ok so thats 3 a no mind like me can come up with

Alright... Not sure that I'd want Izturis at 3 years and $10 million. I know I wouldn't want Bartolo Colon for $3 million (with incentives up to $5 million). And, Iwakuma never became a free agent since he signed with the same team.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Is it just me or is Terry Ryan confused on his GM responsibilities? I know all teams need depth but enough of trying to turn Rochester into a winner and focus on signing someone with a pulse. Samuel Deduno, Esmerling Vasquez, Tim Wood and Eric Fryer? Maybe his next move will be talking Corey Koskie out of retirement to give Trevor Plouffe someone to challenge him...
    This has to be the most impatient post I have seen yet. Are you really complaining that Terry Ryan hasn't filled out the roster yet? Good grief, we aren't even to Thanksgiving yet.

Have you not read any of the reports that talk about all of the players he has been in contact with? Players have barely had the chance to decline qualifying offers. You realize we haven't even reached the winter meetings yet?

Take a Prozac and wait a few months...

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,242 Times in 495 Posts
    Overpaying early in free agency is what led to Matt Capps coming back for three times as much as what he should have gotten.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    This thread....wow, really?

Also I am a fan of both the moves so far, hard throwing bullpen guy, is intriguing and fryer gives us depth where maybe they won't resign butera?

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dont have a problem with what Ryan is doing. Look how many times we had to go rochester for help last year

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
    Dont have a problem with what Ryan is doing. Look how many times we had to go rochester for help last year
    If they would have signed better pitchers they wouldn't have called up all those "quality" arms form Rochester. Obviously no decent pitcher is going to sign before Zach Greinke signs his deal. by looking at the free agent SP there are about 15-20 good starters to choose from and the Twins need to add 3 arms by either FA or trade. So I guess the best thing to do is sit back and do nothing until after the Winter meetings and then we can have another season of disappointment...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    "Fire the 3 stooges for signing someone other than Zach Greinke." I understand it has been a tough few years. But our attention span is so short. TR built a World Series contender. Did we forget that he didn't sign Johan Santana, he took him in the Rule 5. He made one of the most lopsided trades ever for Frankie Fastball and Joe Nathan. The guy knows what he is doing. I think that you are confused my friends. And by the way, I thought we weren't supposed to call people on the site and slander people. But this whole thread is meant to slam our GM.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Overpaying early in free agency is what led to Matt Capps coming back for three times as much as what he should have gotten.
    terry ryan offered all 3 free agents the largest pay cuts posible and only capps accepted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast