Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Keith Law

  1. #21
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Is it wrong to hate Keith Law as a person, but respect him when it comes to his baseball work? Because he is a dang good Baseball Scout/mind.
    No. He's a schmuck. It's fine to be smart, but he's so sanctimonious it rubs the wrong way.
    Thats probably why he doesnt have another job in the MLB.... he can be a dick, he's a very talented guy and its very tough to predict prospects.
    He could have a job in MLB if he wanted.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DaTwins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    How many total games has KLaw seen Rosario play at second base? Unless it is more than 20 or so, it is too small a sample to form an opinion. I remember him being in Beloit a grand total of one game this season...
    Who do you propose we should listen to then? I'm sure KLaw has talked to multiple scouts who've seen Rosario play to couple with his own observations. It's not perfect, but it's among the best information sources available to those of us on the outside.
    I agree. This is one area where I disagree with KLAW. A lot of Rosario's errors came early in the season I believe. His defense got sharper as the season when on and of course he is very athletic. I think he will have no problem at 2nd.

  3. #23
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,564
    Like
    17
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    KLaw is out of the MLB for a reason, the reason is he is a dick and he wasn't as great as he thought he was. He has some good opinions, and some bad ones too. A lot of the time he has pretty good reasons, but sometimes it is completely his opinion (which is what scout does... give their opinion). I listen to BA and BP more since those guys spend more time watching the prospects than he does, and they have more scouts giving more opinions. KLaw is just a voice, and a voice that hates the way the Twins operate (many things I agree with, some I don't).
    Do or do not. There is no try.

  4. #24
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    KLaw isn't with a MLB team because he resigned from the Blue Jays to go to ESPN and he stays there cause he can spend more time with his family by working there. He is very well respected in his field...

  5. #25
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,893
    Like
    75
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    It's a well known fact that Keith Law hates the Twins, I just can't take his extremely biased opinions seriously.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    606
    Like
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    No doubt that KLaw is the KOS (King of Snark) and is very opinionated, but why do you say he is extremely biased? I've been reading him for years and don't see it. He gets accused of east coast bias due to his ESPN affiliation, but I don't see it. He bases his opinions on performance and what he sees on the field. He does not work for a team so has no attachment to certain picks.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    The fact that people from every team fanbase have accused KLAW of hating thier team shows how unbiased he really is.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    606
    Like
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Great point righty! He is an equal opportunity hater. He just calls it like he sees it.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    KLaw's admitted bias is for guys that he was impressed with in person. Trevor Bauer is a big example. He was a big pusher of the "Free Trevor Bauer" hashtag on Twitter that found its way to ESPN's main baseball coverage multiple times. He has admitted having a hard time downgrading Bauer because he saw him so incredibly good.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  10. #30
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Haha, I called him out for not listing any twins players in a recent post about available outfielders. I said it was ''dumb" to not list span. He actual wrote back saying he doesnt think it will happen because arcia and hicks arent ready for majors next year. Then he said i shouldnt call people dumb. Then i told him he was dumb because they would trade span to open up a spot for parmalee AND because of the depth in the minors artcenter field. True story...he isnt a twins fan by my estimation of his stories.
    most are born twins fans , or you aquire the feeling from great proformances, which is why most in baseball are not twins fans , many at 1 time like the twins as there 2nd favorite team , but that number is deminishing every year , and will continue till the 3 stooges are gone and serous and real baseball minds are making the decisions here

  11. #31
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Haha, I called him out for not listing any twins players in a recent post about available outfielders. I said it was ''dumb" to not list span. He actual wrote back saying he doesnt think it will happen because arcia and hicks arent ready for majors next year. Then he said i shouldnt call people dumb. Then i told him he was dumb because they would trade span to open up a spot for parmalee AND because of the depth in the minors artcenter field. True story...he isnt a twins fan by my estimation of his stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    KLaw is out of the MLB for a reason, the reason is he is a dick and he wasn't as great as he thought he was. He has some good opinions, and some bad ones too. A lot of the time he has pretty good reasons, but sometimes it is completely his opinion (which is what scout does... give their opinion). I listen to BA and BP more since those guys spend more time watching the prospects than he does, and they have more scouts giving more opinions. KLaw is just a voice, and a voice that hates the way the Twins operate (many things I agree with, some I don't).
    so you prefer a brown nosing yes men who are part of the good ole boy network? aka the 3 stooges?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Is it wrong to hate Keith Law as a person, but respect him when it comes to his baseball work? Because he is a dang good Baseball Scout/mind.
    There is nothing wrong with you have said here and indeed may be the exact disposition that decent human instinct leads one to on KLaw.

  13. #33
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,618
    Like
    1,117
    Liked 532 Times in 352 Posts
    I would say it is wrong to hate people in general, unless they have committed some horrible act. KLaw has not done that. All of your assumptions about him as a person are based on almost no data, I would guess. The man has opinions and states them, positive and negative. Some people cannot handle that. The thought that he hates any team is silly, imo. He might disagree with how a team does things, but that is not hatred for the team. Hating because of disagreement in opinion is part of our societal problem right now. I am pretty sure KLaw would say that also.

    it astounds me how personally some fans take hard discussions about their favorite teams.....

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,232
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I would say it is wrong to hate people in general, unless they have committed some horrible act. KLaw has not done that. All of your assumptions about him as a person are based on almost no data, I would guess. The man has opinions and states them, positive and negative. Some people cannot handle that. The thought that he hates any team is silly, imo. He might disagree with how a team does things, but that is not hatred for the team. Hating because of disagreement in opinion is part of our societal problem right now. I am pretty sure KLaw would say that also.

    it astounds me how personally some fans take hard discussions about their favorite teams.....
    Couldn't agree more with this post.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    926
    Like
    40
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I would say it is wrong to hate people in general, unless they have committed some horrible act. KLaw has not done that. All of your assumptions about him as a person are based on almost no data, I would guess. The man has opinions and states them, positive and negative. Some people cannot handle that. The thought that he hates any team is silly, imo. He might disagree with how a team does things, but that is not hatred for the team. Hating because of disagreement in opinion is part of our societal problem right now. I am pretty sure KLaw would say that also.

    it astounds me how personally some fans take hard discussions about their favorite teams.....
    Law is on a podcast by a major sports network at least 3 days per week all through the season and about once per month in the offseason. He chats at least once weekly. Fans do have a lot of opportunity to base an opinion on Law. Just saying.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I would say it is wrong to hate people in general, unless they have committed some horrible act. KLaw has not done that. All of your assumptions about him as a person are based on almost no data, I would guess. The man has opinions and states them, positive and negative. Some people cannot handle that. The thought that he hates any team is silly, imo. He might disagree with how a team does things, but that is not hatred for the team. Hating because of disagreement in opinion is part of our societal problem right now. I am pretty sure KLaw would say that also.

    it astounds me how personally some fans take hard discussions about their favorite teams.....
    Couldn't agree more with this post.

    I'd say its a little silly, uptight even, to not view the word "hate" here as being relative to the non-serious context it appears in.

  17. #37
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,618
    Like
    1,117
    Liked 532 Times in 352 Posts
    That is not how it is used, often, in discussing KLaw....Ymmv on the power of words

  18. #38
    Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Posts
    574
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    427
    Rosario will need more time at 2B but I think he should be fine there. He still has multiple levels to make it through before he will be in the big leagues.

  19. #39
    Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Posts
    574
    Like
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    How many total games has KLaw seen Rosario play at second base? Unless it is more than 20 or so, it is too small a sample to form an opinion. I remember him being in Beloit a grand total of one game this season...
    He doesn't just go off of his own views of players. He gets opinions from a variety of scouts that would have seen Rosario in more than one game.

  20. #40
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    9
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    Thats probably why he doesnt have another job in the MLB.... he can be a dick, he's a very talented guy and its very tough to predict prospects.
    He says what he means and he's unapologetic about it. I like people like that. He stands by what he thinks and he backs up what he says. I like that too. This world has gotten way too touchy feely in general, worrying so much about hurting other people's feelings. Understand I'm not talking about hurting feelings just to hurt feelings...that's not cool.

    Not only that, people seem to think everything is an opinion, and that's not true. There are times, when people are right and people are wrong. Period. He'll point that out too. I like him. He's a bit harsh, but that's okay.
    True, true...everyone gets all upset about the way people talk.
    " Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg."
    - Anonymus


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.