Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Rock the Vote: Twins Top Pitchers of All-Time

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Santana was widely known as the best pitcher "in the game" during his successful years in Minnesota. None of these other guys were ever considered the Ace of Aces in the major leagues. There is no way a list of Twins' all-time-greatest-pitchers doesn't start with Santana rated #1 overall.
    Last edited by mnfanforlife; 11-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.

1.) Johan Santana, 2.) Camilo Pascual, 3.) Bert Blyleven, 4.) Here kitty kitty, Jim Kaat, 5.) Joe Nathan, 6.) Jim Perry, 7.) Frank Viola, 8.) Jack Morris, 9.) Brad Radke, 10.) Jack Morris 11.) The all to short runs of dominance of Scott Erickson (first half of 1991, Francisco Liriano 3 months of 2006.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 31 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1) Kaat, 2) Santana, 3) Blyleven, 4) Perry, 5) Radke), 6) Goltz, 7) Pascual-probably should be higher especially if you include Washington years, 8) Viola, 9) Nathan, 10) Worthington, Chance, Tapani, Aguilera

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1) Santanta 2) Blyleven 3) Kaat 4) Perry 5) Viola 6) Pascual 7) Radke 8) Goltz 9) Nathan 10) Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by mnfanforlife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Walter Johnson!

Talk about a year, 1913: 36-7, 1.14 era with 29 complete games. 346 innings, a .78 whip and a 259 era+.
    I see what you did there. Step to the front of the line, please.
    Yeah. I don't buy into the malarky of disowning history just because it wasn't local as seems to be the rage of conventional wisdom. The Twins/Senators are a historic franchise, not some lousy invention of the 60s

Right, they are the same franchise. But the list specifically says "Twins Top Pitchers of All-Time." ................
    Yes, I know, but I'm not going to enable that sort of selective use of history...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Santana only had 4 or 5 good to great years with the Twins, this does not a career make. I would rank Blyleven 1 and Kaat 2. Santana comes in at 3. 4 Viola 5. Jim Perry 6. Nathan 7. Aggie 8. Pascual (only because most of his career was with the Senators). 9. Mudcat Grant 10. Morris - I agree it was this important

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12