Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Trevor Bauer

  1. #21
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,897
    Like
    75
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    According to Crasnick the Diamondbacks are willing to trade Bauer. If I were the Twins he would instantly become my number one target. Assuming they trade Upton as well the Diamondbacks could use a CF in Span. However obviously Span would NOT be enough to get Bauer, I wonder if we included one of Arcia/Rosario if it would be enough to get Bauer back in return? Prob not. But maybe they could include more pieces. Span+Rosario+Vargas+C+ prospect? for Bauer? Do it.

    Bauer has the potential to be an absolutely dominating pitcher.
    your offering up a lot for an undersized prospect with an attitude problem arnt you?
    but he might fit in with the lilly white twins who knows
    Try spelling or punctuation for a change. Look at theTwins roster of players in the majors and minors and see there is diversity. You really must be fatbeers long lost separated at birth twin
    I'm not sure where the undersized comment is coming from either. According to baseball prospects the average pitcher height is 6'2, Bauer is only an inch below that.

  2. #22
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,897
    Like
    75
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I really dislike the idea to trade Hicks. Vargas, Kepler, Wimmers, and Rosario are all prospects I wouldn't mind traded. Put Revere/Span out there too and maybe something could get worked through? Sano, Berrios, Buxton, Hicks, and Arcia hands off.
    Vargas, Kepler and especially Wimmers aren't going to ever bring you back any top talent back in a trade if they are the center piece, they certainly won't bring back a Bauer. I kinda get why you say Sano, Buxton are hands off, but I disagree. Saying Hicks and Arcia are hands off in a trade like this makes me think your are falling to in love with our own prospects. As great as Hicks and Arcia's potential is, they still both have some significant flaws in their games and neither one is guaranteed to be an all-star type player (at this point I think Hicks floor is a great defensive CF who is a little below average hitting)

    Put it this way: If the Twins suddenly soured on Sano (who isn't in the same prospect league as Bauer IMO, though maybe not to far off), would you want them to consider a package back for guys like Whimmers/Kepler/Vargas?

  3. #23
    Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Posts
    1,080
    Like
    132
    Liked 169 Times in 79 Posts
    Would it be fair to say that maybe Sano would be a better trade piece than Hicks given where he is in the system? Hicks is nearly major-league ready; some have suggested that it may happen in 2013. Sano just finished up a Beloit, and although he could get through the rest of the system quickly, there are some serious question marks on defense and hitting breaking balls that suggest that he may simply need more time.

    The other piece is the fact that projecting players is really hard. How many "once in a generation" talents have become nothing more than serviceable players once they finally hit the bigs? All things equal, I'd prefer to gamble on the guy who's closer to the major leagues. If Bauer and Sano are in the same prospect class, but Bauer is knocking on the door while Sano is Wisconsin, I'd be inclined to take Bauer. That's even outside the fact that our system is bereft of pitching.

  4. #24
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,897
    Like
    75
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Would it be fair to say that maybe Sano would be a better trade piece than Hicks given where he is in the system? Hicks is nearly major-league ready; some have suggested that it may happen in 2013. Sano just finished up a Beloit, and although he could get through the rest of the system quickly, there are some serious question marks on defense and hitting breaking balls that suggest that he may simply need more time.

    The other piece is the fact that projecting players is really hard. How many "once in a generation" talents have become nothing more than serviceable players once they finally hit the bigs? All things equal, I'd prefer to gamble on the guy who's closer to the major leagues. If Bauer and Sano are in the same prospect class, but Bauer is knocking on the door while Sano is Wisconsin, I'd be inclined to take Bauer. That's even outside the fact that our system is bereft of pitching.
    Sano certainly has more trade value then Hicks, but all things being equal I would rather have Sano in the system then Hicks.

  5. #25
    Banned All-Star
    Posts
    1,498
    Like
    419
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    According to Crasnick the Diamondbacks are willing to trade Bauer. If I were the Twins he would instantly become my number one target. Assuming they trade Upton as well the Diamondbacks could use a CF in Span. However obviously Span would NOT be enough to get Bauer, I wonder if we included one of Arcia/Rosario if it would be enough to get Bauer back in return? Prob not. But maybe they could include more pieces. Span+Rosario+Vargas+C+ prospect? for Bauer? Do it.

    Bauer has the potential to be an absolutely dominating pitcher.
    your offering up a lot for an undersized prospect with an attitude problem arnt you?
    but he might fit in with the lilly white twins who knows
    Try spelling or punctuation for a change. Look at theTwins roster of players in the majors and minors and see there is diversity. You really must be fatbeers long lost separated at birth twin
    talking about management and ownership and the good old boy network ,by the way how are mike and julie?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.