Thread: Twins Minor League Free Agents

Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins Minor League Free Agents

Baseball America mentioned the list of minor league free agents. The Twins could still sign any of these players still, but so can any other team.

RHP: David Bromberg, Jeff Gray, Jeff Manship, Kyle Waldrop, Brendan Wise
    LHP: Luke French, Matt Maloney
    C: Rene Rivera, JR Towles
    2B: Shawn Roof
    3B: Ray Chang, Anderson Hidalgo, Michael Hollimon
    SS: James Beresford, Estarlin de Los Santos
    OF: Junior Boni, Clete Thomas, Rene Tosoni

Some former Twins who are also minor league free agents:

Dusty Hughes (ATL), Terry Tiffee (ATL), Steve Tolleson (BAL), Lew Ford (BAL), Matt Tolbert (CHC), Loek Van Mil (CLE), Brendan Harris (COL), Brandon Roberts (COL), Doug Deeds (LAA), Rob Delaney (MIA), Chase Lambin (MIA), Dustin Martin (NYM), Matt Rizzotti (OAK), Luis (!) Rodriguez (SEA), Willie Eyre (TEX), Yangervis Solarte (TEX), Yohan Pino (TOR), Luke Hughes (TOR).

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It matched up almost exactly with what I projected here. (I'll make the modifications later.) The draft-and-follows were guys I missed on.

Also worth noting: Matt Carson and Luis Perdomo must have accepted their outright assignments. Sean Burroughs elected free agency earlier this offseason.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Any potential signees on whole list of milb players that intrigue anyone with some knowledge? The ex Twins and soon to be ex Twins list are there for a reason. I had hopes for Bromberg but I think he was slow to recover from injury.
    Last edited by old nurse; 11-06-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why did the Orioles drop Lew Ford? He was clearly the biggest reason for them getting as far as they did in the season.

Lew Fordf would cost too much to keep. Better to throw him out there and resign. Imagine the Twins will try and keep Bromberg. Chang or Hollimon. One, but not both. Tosoni may be out of a job period. Maloney is disabled. French has always been intriguing. Waldrop will find a minor league job somewhere else, now. None of the former Twin s seems worthwhile to bring back. Of course, we still have Dinkelman.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    It matched up almost exactly with what I projected here. (I'll make the modifications later.) The draft-and-follows were guys I missed on.

Also worth noting: Matt Carson and Luis Perdomo must have accepted their outright assignments. Sean Burroughs elected free agency earlier this offseason.
    Carson is a free agent. The Twins did sign Perdomo to a minor league deal.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only two I'd want back are Waldrop and Bromberg. Otherwise, the rest may be re-signed for roster fillers.

Blog Entries
    I'd want Manship, Waldrop, Tosoni and Beresford back.

Liked 323 Times in 193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'd take the last 3 plus Solarte back
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Waldrop and Beresford should be resigned.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Only to fill out the Rochester roster. It doesn't appear that the first three have much of a future in the big leagues. Just not quite there talent wise.

Posted by Old Nurse "Any potential signees on whole list of milb players that intrigue anyone with some knowledge?"

I'd like to see the Twins sign Tony Abreu. He spent Sept with KC. Great Minor League Numbers and he plays 2B.
    From the Twins list, I'd like the Twins to keep Bromberg around for one more season. He had potential a couple years back and alot strikeouts.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Niedermann View Post
    Posted by Old Nurse "Any potential signees on whole list of milb players that intrigue anyone with some knowledge?"

I'd like to see the Twins sign Tony Abreu. He spent Sept with KC. Great Minor League Numbers and he plays 2B.
    From the Twins list, I'd like the Twins to keep Bromberg around for one more season. He had potential a couple years back and alot strikeouts.
    Thank you

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    josh spenser was claimed by the zoo york skankees , he is a 24 year old lefty fron san diego,
    he didnt have a good year in 2012, but his combined 2 seasons in the sun he has 40 innings pitched 41 ks and a 1.275 whip
    with the twins wanting pitching is there a reason we didnt claim him?

Senior Member All-Star
    The Yankees claimed Josh Spence. He tosses the ball as hard as Jamie Moyer with the results that make Jeff Gray look good.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 121 Times in 54 Posts
    Kevin Slowey is available! We bring back Baker and Liriano and get Blackburn back on track, and we've got the band back together!

And we can resign Pavano, and with Slowey, Blackburn, Liriano and Baker all will be well in Twins land. Of=r we can sign all those guys and trade them all to the Mets for Dickey!
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com