Thread: Baker, still not signed by the Twins, drawing interest from Cubs, Rangers and Red Sox

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Baker, still not signed by the Twins, drawing interest from Cubs, Rangers and Red Sox

According to FoxSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi, the Cubs, Rangers and Red Sox have varying degrees of interest in the still unsigned Scott Baker.
    @OverTheBaggy

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From that article...

Free agents can begin switching teams Saturday, in what could be a frenetic start to the Hot Stove season. Until then, clubs are allowed to contact representatives and exchange information but not discuss contractual terms.

Baker became a free agent when the Twins declined his option. Does this mean he cannot sign with the Twins until Saturday? Or just with other teams? If he is unable to sign with Twins until tomorrow, it might make Thrylos' earlier scoop on a three year deal still viable.

Baker would be very nice to have back, but at the same time I feel like the Twins should be looking outside the organization... I would just prefer to see some new bodies in here and switch things up.

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Baker became a free agent when the Twins declined his option. Does this mean he cannot sign with the Twins until Saturday? Or just with other teams? If he is unable to sign with Twins until tomorrow, it might make Thrylos' earlier scoop on a three year deal still viable.
    No, Baker would be allowed to re-sign with the Twins as a player can sign with their old teams now, they cannot sign with any new team until 12:01 on Saturday.
    @OverTheBaggy

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    aint no free agent comimg to minnesota willingly...well not if there any good

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Yeah, Willingham and Doumit are terrible.

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    that was after 1 season of 99 loses, now its not a fluke but a fact...

Banned All-Star
    so how many of the top 50 free agents will terry ryan sign ? 6? 3? 1? 0

Liked 111 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My favorite part of the story is where Morosi says that Baker threw 134+ innings with a 3.14 ERA for the Twins this year. I had forgotten all about those.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts
    Is there an "ignore" feature on this website? Or do I have to do it with my own eyes.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 73 Times in 36 Posts
    There is an ignore feature, unfortunately, the quote function can render it useless.
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Is there an "ignore" feature on this website? Or do I have to do it with my own eyes.
    In case none of you had heard, the last couple of seasons have been difficult at best and Terry Ryan has a large job ahead of him. J-Dak- Gotcha. In other news the sea is wet. Moving on.

I would like Baker back and I hope they can complete something today so nobody can tempt him with something better. Hopefully Thyros knows what he is talking about and this deal is really done but not yet public. G&G have talked a lot about a Colby Lewis-type contract and if they could pull that off it would be great. Also, I like Iwakuma and I hope they make a hard run at him. Mentioning a Japanese player gives J-Dak an opening for a cheap shot about the twins history with that country.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Blue Jays are interested in impending free agent Scott Baker.

The Twins declined Baker's $9.25 million option for 2013 but are interested in bringing the right-hander back. They'll clearly have competition, though, as Morosi says the Red Sox, Cubs and Rangers all have varying degrees of interest in the righty. Baker missed all of 2012 while recovering from Tommy John surgery but should be ready to go early next season. The Blue Jays will also keep tabs on Zack Greinke, Anibal Sanchez, Kyle Lohse and Ryan Dempster, among others, as they attempt to upgrade their rotation.
    Related: Red Sox, Cubs, Rangers

Source: FOXSports.com

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    We already signed Baker for 3 years...this thread must be in the past.