Let me start off by saying that I'd like to sign Sanchez and Marcum and call it a day, but that doesn't look like a possibility, so I decided to take a different approach. Now that the Span and Revere trades are out of the way, these would be my corresponding moves.....

Sign Stephen Drew to a three year, $25 million contract.
Year 1: $7.5 million
Year 2: $8.5 million
Year 3: $9 million

Sign Andres Torres to a one year, $1 million contract, with up to $500,000 in incentives

Sign Carlos Villanueva to a one year, $5 million contract. Includes a second year club option of $8 million, with a $1 million buyout.

Sign Jair Jurrjens to a one year, $5 million contract.

CF Andres Torres 1M
SS Stephen Drew 7.5M
C Joe Mauer 23M
LF Josh Willingham 7M
1B Justin Morneau 14M
DH Ryan Doumit 3.5M
3B Trevor Plouffe
RF Chris Parmelee
2B Brian Dozier

IF Jamey Carroll 3.75M
Utility Eduardo Escobar
OF Darin Mastroianni
C Drew Butera

Scott Diamond
Vance Worley
Carlos Villanueva 5M
Jair Jurrjens 5M
Liam Hendriks

Glen Perkins 2.5M
Jared Burton 2M
Brian Duensing 1.5M
Casey Fien
Tyler Robertson
Josh Roenicke
Ryan Pressly

Nick Blackburn 5.5M
Matt Capps .25M

Why?

Now that we have a young core of starting pitching, I wanted to address the shortstop position. Sure, giving $25 million to a guy coming off a major injury is risky, but I'm buying his production prior to the injury and late in the 2012 season. If he performs at or near his ability, $25 million over three years would be a bargain.

With the Andres Torres signing, I'm essentially investing an additional $1 - 1.5 million into the development of Aaron Hicks. Torres is coming off 2 down years, but he can still get on base a third of the time, steal some bases and play a good center field. He and Mastro would compete for the starting gig.

I went after Villanueva and Jurrjens because of the upside. Villanueva wants to find a place where he can start and I see him as a poor man's Shaun Marcum. The big knock on him is that he gives up a healthy amount of long balls (especially to left handed batters). That leads me to believe that Target Field would be a good fit for him. As for Jurrjens, he is coming off a horrific year, but he's had success in the past. Another reason why I like him is because he still has one more arbitration year. If either pitcher pitches well, they could serve as good trade chips, especially with the extra year of control with the club option and arbitration.

This roster would have a salary of roughly $88 million, which is about where I think it will be once all is said and done. There should be a healthy amount of trade chips with Morneau, Willingham, Doumit and possibly Villanueva and/or Jurrjens. Assuming all these players are either traded or not re signed, let's take a look at 2014 (not including possible returns from trades).....

C Joe Mauer
1B Chris Parmelee
2B Brian Dozier
3B Trevor Plouffe
SS Stephen Drew
LF Joe Benson
CF Aaron Hicks
RF Oswaldo Arcia
DH

C/OF Chris Herrmann
IF Eduardo Escobar
OF Darin Mastroianni

Kyle Gibson
Scott Diamond
Vance Worley
Trevor May
Liam Hendriks
B.J. Hermsen
Pedro Hernandez
Alex Meyer

Glen Perkins
Jared Burton
Brian Duensing

With less than $40 million committed to payroll and only 3 players eligible for arbitration, that leaves a lot of room to add around the young talent.